Comments Thread For: Sonny Bill Williams vs. Francois Botha Early Results

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
    This sport is a joke at times...

I wondered why I got Botha KO for 2/1, those odds were too good and now I know why. That has pissed me off, I will get refunded though.
    mate i had money on Frans too but I even said before the fight i was expecting some sort of corruption to block my winnings.

what a joke

Comment

Man, I'm annoyed...

Not just because of the bet but this is my sport, I always laughed at mates who said it was fixed and compared it to WWE and it makes you wonder when shit like this happens...

There needs to be a proper investigation and someone needs to have their head cut off. Those who paid for PPV and went to the arena know what's up and I hope they bother complaining and something is done.

I haven't smoked since Christmas but I'm off to the shop...

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
        Man, I'm annoyed...

Not just because of the bet but this is my sport, I always laughed at mates who said it was fixed and compared it to WWE and it makes you wonder when shit like this happens...

There needs to be a proper investigation and someone needs to have their head cut off. Those who paid for PPV and went to the arena know what's up and I hope they bother complaining and something is done.

I haven't smoked since Christmas but I'm off to the shop...

It's just a joke, Botha is a 44 year old man, way past his best and brought in to be a soft touch, he put on a veteran masterclass, let the kid wear himself down punching air and gloves then step it up in the last 4 and was on his way to drowning him.

It's a ****ing embarrasment to the sport that "sonny bill williams" has Bothas name on his resume, and the nature of the "win", one of the worst i have seen

Comment

I feel embarrassed at being a fan of the sport when shit like this happens. Fuck the cigarettes, would be better to just go hit the weights.

Frampton & Selby want to put on a good show tomorrow and restore my faith in the sport. Who you got Earl?

Comment

Well... that was interesting...

They always said Australia was a nation of convicts but who knew they would rob someone that blatantly?

Was funny to see Botha drop his guard and wait for Williams to throw a punch, not even move his head and still make SBW miss.

Comment

Dear god... this is just like the Mike Lee fight against the dude they picked up from Home Depot.
              Now I'm worried about anybody going to Australia and fighting. I bet if GGG went and fought Geale there, he'd lose by DQ in the ring entrance

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
                Doesn't make sense. Botha doesn't seem too upset about it. Had to have been in the contract.
                botha isn't upset because he's been screwed a few times in his career with questionable scorecards & probably isn't shocked was screwed...

Comment

sonny bill williams is now in the top 10 or 15 of the WBA

changing the # of rounds in mid fight is a first for me. it was also for a regional WBA title so the fight is suppose to be 12 rounds for the championship not 10. botha likes to fight so i'm sure he isn't retiring. i shake my head.

Comment

Glad i didn't watch it. Had a feeling some **** would happen. I don't care how shot Botha is, a guy who has been in with guys like Tyson was always going to give a rugby player, "playing" a boxer a hard time.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                      botha isn't upset because he's been screwed a few times in his career with questionable scorecards & probably isn't shocked was screwed...
                      He's only lost by decision once though.....you'd think this would have him fuming..... especially the cut of rounds.
                      I don't think he was paid to lose, otherwise he wouldn't be trying so hard in the later rounds

Comment

Working...
                      X