No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez Says Mayweather Rematch Not Part of His Plans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
    well, i guess he just knows what's up there. he always felt in his heart he was better than Pacquiao, hence the desire to fight him again each time the rub of the green went against him. one would assume he does not feel that he's not better than Mayweather.
    It's also obvious that Marquez would be fighting someone who is 2 weight classes bigger than him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Tyson23 View Post
      Floyd dominated him in their first fight. Marquez knows that he's not in the same level as Floyd. I rather see him fight Timothy Bradley this year.
      And Floyd is two weight classes bigger than him dont forget that part.

Comment

Ok, so he's not planning to fight Pac/Mayweather again, and Nacho doesn't want him to fight Bradley. Who the hell is he gonna fight then?

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
          Ok, so he's not planning to fight Pac/Mayweather again, and Nacho doesn't want him to fight Bradley. Who the hell is he gonna fight then?
          The question is does he have anything else to prove? Nope! So in my eyrs he can fight whoever the hell he wants. He caught his white whale and he can go out however the hell he wants.

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
            The question is does he have anything else to prove? Nope! So in my eyrs he can fight whoever the hell he wants. He caught his white whale and he can go out however the hell he wants.
            If he's gonna fight someone irrelevant, then why not retire? KO'ing Pac and retiring is a fairy-tale ending.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
              If he's gonna fight someone irrelevant, then why not retire? KO'ing Pac and retiring is a fairy-tale ending.
              I agree but if he wants a couple more fights against some lesser compatition im fine with that too. I mean it's not like the pac fight was for any title or anything so he's not putting the title on ICE or anything and getting in the way of any up and comers. I just think it's dumb that people think that at this point in his career he needs to prove himself and should be fighting a super welterweight lol!

Comment

[QUOTE=bluebeam;13010185]
                Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                Of course he did. LW vs MW. Thats embarrassing ! If anyone looked bad it was Floyd. He was that big weighed that much had that much of an advantage and still couldnt stop a LW! Thats Embarrassing! HE got no credit for that fight.[/QUO

was it embarrassing when duran went from 135 to 147 to fight ray leonard?
                was it embarrassing when mosley went from 135 to 147 to fight de la hoya?
                Marquez had just got to lw in his mid thirties, dude was a career featherweight

Comment

Why not JMM vs Rios in Mexico estadio de Azteca?! That would be crazy!

JMM sparked packy out so no need for that fight
                  The Floyd fight is garbage because of te style match up
                  Rios would be epic but I'm also down with Mathysse

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                    Why not JMM vs Rios in Mexico estadio de Azteca?! That would be crazy!

JMM sparked packy out so no need for that fight
                    The Floyd fight is garbage because of te style match up
                    Rios would be epic but I'm also down with Mathysse
                    Cause they're both very high risk for the reward, and would be very taxing on the old guy. Of course they'd be amazing fights for the viewers, but there's a better chance of seeing a Fedchenko rematch IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                      That's good, I don't like either 3 of those fights.

Rios, Maidana, J. Lopez, Soto-Karrass, J. Vargas, Zaveck, Abregu, Malignaggi would all be better fights for Marquez given his age. Rios, Malignaggi and Maidana would be the toughest fights there, but all of these fights are winnable. Mayweather, Pacquiao, and Bradley...I wouldn't be too confident picking Marquez over any of those 3.

Comment

Working...
                      X