No announcement yet.

At 147 who do you want Floyd to fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A.K.A View Post
    Champion means youre the best in your division 2 fights in 6 years doesn't prove that.

cham·pi·on
    /ˈCHampēən/
    Noun
    A person who has defeated or surpassed all rivals in a competition, esp. in sports
    no it just means he has a championship belt

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
      Yet, you discredit Trout for beating the same fighter. Not because you're trying to make any sense of anything, but because Trout would beat up ya boy Floyd.

Keep it 3hunna.
      no i didnt discredit trout,i was making a point to bush who is making trout some beast for beating cotto yet in the same breath saying floyd isnt fighting the best...so how does it work 1 way and not the other..and hell no floyd would beat trout

Comment

2009 Manny Pacquiao?
        To me, this kind of insinuates that it was FMJ fight that the fight didn't happen in 2009. If you were not trying to imply that, then my apologies.

I didn't make a thread about Pacs status or how he's underrated, did I? Floyd and Pac have both had only one chance to take their star to the next level and there was much more on both sides that could have been done to make the fight. If Floyd wanted recognition as bad as Larry wants him to have it, he would have found a way to make the fight. You earn respect in the fight game as much as Larry would like to give ATG status away for peanuts. Cotto easily has the best WW resume in recent memory and Shanes win over Marg, PWills win over Marg and Margs win over Cotto are all better wins than either Floyd or Pac have at WW. Thank you come again.

While I agree with some of your points, I don't know why you won't give him credit for doing everything he could to make the fight(at least in 2009). He conceded 50-50 and alot of other things as well as the weight penalty. He even moved the drug testing to 14 days. What more should he have done? From that point, IMO, it was all on Pac and they walked.

I don't know if I agree with the Cotto comment. He had 5 notable names. Jab, Margarito, Mosley and Clottey. Clottey was highly disputed, Zab he had to low blow more than once, Mosley, great win and the other 2 he got bludgeoned by. Not exactly and amazing record at WW.

Pwill over Margarito? Who did Margarito beat other than Cotto and Clottey? A very green Sergio, that's it!

Margarito over Cotto I will give you that one, but unfortunately, that has doubt surrounding it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashy Larryx View Post
          no i didnt discredit trout,i was making a point to bush who is making trout some beast for beating cotto yet in the same breath saying floyd isnt fighting the best...so how does it work 1 way and not the other..and hell no floyd would beat trout
          You do realize how stupid that sounds right? So Floyd is a beast for beating Cotto, but Trout isn't? Like ya boy Floyd loves to say, "which one is it?"

LMAO, even if Floyd would have a 80% advantage over him, he still wouldn't fight him. He's a skilled fighter, yes. A man with a heart of a lion, NO.

Comment

Hi Larry. You probably hold Boxingscene's record for ALT creations.
            Ain't now, nor never have been an alt from Larry. Been here for years. I am a big black dude living in Muntinlupa City, Philippines.

Comment

While I agree with some of your points, I don't know why you won't give him credit for doing everything he could to make the fight(at least in 2009). He conceded 50-50 and alot of other things as well as the weight penalty. He even moved the drug testing to 14 days. What more should he have done? From that point, IMO, it was all on Pac and they walked.

I don't know if I agree with the Cotto comment. He had 5 notable names. Jab, Margarito, Mosley and Clottey. Clottey was highly disputed, Zab he had to low blow more than once, Mosley, great win and the other 2 he got bludgeoned by. Not exactly and amazing record at WW.

Pwill over Margarito? Who did Margarito beat other than Cotto and Clottey? A very green Sergio, that's it!

Margarito over Cotto I will give you that one, but unfortunately, that has doubt surrounding it.
              False. He didn't concede that. He was dead set on random drug testing up to the day of the fight.

"We're all for drug-testing, and we're all for boxing being a drug-free sport, but what we're not for is being harrassed into taking blood tests the day of the fight, or, even, the week of the fight. We will not succumb to that," said Koncz, from the Philippines, where he said that Pacquiao would soon be making an official statement on the matter.

Since when do you juice, the week leading up to, or even day of the fight??? When you juice, that's taken care of in the training camp, months out. Floyd knows this. He just wanted to throw any hurdle, or get any psychological edge he could get.

Keep it 3hunna.
              Last edited by Scarcaztic; 02-07-2013, 10:20 PM.

Comment

So first Cotto didn't even count as a 154 champion...and now Floyd can only fight at 154...the desperation just seeps through some of the posts

Comment

If you're a 2 time JMW champion and have never attempted to defend your title because you're too small your title is paper as well.
                  Touche! I agree, Mayweather win's certainly should be considered cardboard paper compared to Pac's rice paper!

Comment

Originally posted by megadeth View Post
                    To me, this kind of insinuates that it was FMJ fight that the fight didn't happen in 2009. If you were not trying to imply that, then my apologies.

Just really the only fight I've been interested seeing Floyd in at WW. I always thought Floyd to be the heavy favorite though.

50-50 isn't a concession it's equal pay for the 2 top fighters in the game. Hardly Floyd going out of his way to make the fight. He asked for additional testing than was required by boxing, not a bad thing necessarily but also not doing everything in his power to make the fight. It's not his fault but he doesn't get the credit of being seen as a fighter who really wants to test himself like TS wants him to be seen.

It's not the greatest WW resume ever but its significantly better than anyone elses. Margaritos wins over Cintron, Clottey and Cotto put his resume significantly better at WW than Pac or Floyd so PWills win over him looks pretty good compared to his competition

Comment

You do realize how stupid that sounds right? So Floyd is a beast for beating Cotto, but Trout isn't? Like ya boy Floyd loves to say, "which one is it?"

LMAO, even if Floyd would have a 80% advantage over him, he still wouldn't fight him. He's a skilled fighter, yes. A man with a heart of a lion, NO.
                      i did not make that thread bush did....you were in the thread so you know that

Comment

Working...
                      X