Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

should Wlad vs Pianeta be a non title fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    I recall that Holmes fought Marvis Frazier as a non-title fight though.

As for the question on the OP then I'd say that despite this being a pretty bad challenger it's far from being the worst.

What about Jean-Pierre Coopmans, Leon Spinks, Pete Rademacher, Scott LeDoux? Those are just names that immidiately springs to mind and they where all fights for the title.

Jab. You know your history. This question is kinda trolling.
    No the question isn't trolling at all and my history is of telling the truth whether some fans like it or not. I've never said no other fighter has had crappy defenses, they have. But this is 3 of his last 4 fights. If you don't like the thread than maybe you should just ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      No the question isn't trolling at all and my history is of telling the truth whether some fans like it or not. I've never said no other fighter has had crappy defenses, they have. But this is 3 of his last 4 fights. If you don't like the thread than maybe you should just ignore it.
      I know that this will be his second volontary defense in a row and it's not that I find Pianeta qualified at all. It's just the question you ask. Should it be for the title or not. I see no reason why it shouldn't. Only if you want fights for a title between the best fighters as a norm, you should ask the question.

Comment

I know that this will be his second volontary defense in a row and it's not that I find Pianeta qualified at all. It's just the question you ask. Should it be for the title or not. I see no reason why it shouldn't. Only if you want fights for a title between the best fighters as a norm, you should ask the question.
        Well that's exactly what I want and exactly the way I think it always should have been. It just stands out more when the division is soft and it happens more often. I understand Wlad can't make guys fight him who are deemed worthy and he is stuck with a new group of talent being relatively green, but Pianeta is simply not a good fighter. Neither was Wach and neither was the heavyweight version of Mormeck he fought.

Some people take offense to me posting the reality of things but you should know better Bat. If this were the case would I be would I be so scathing of both Dempsey and Johnson's selection of title defenses? This is today and now, that is why I'm asking to question.....just clearing that up.

Comment

Why, would that change the current situation of today's heavyweight division? Does talking about it hurt today's heavyweight division? What I don't understand is why some posters get offended by the truth and want other posters to just leave it alone.
          I hear you. I would too like we have prime Ali, Tyson, Holyfiled among us but we don't. No point in the constant pointing out the division is weak.

I actually don't think it's that weak at all. Just top contenders are not willing to fight each other. If we had more fights like Haye-Chisorra, we'll all enjoy more and we'll all give more credit to champions. Why Tyson doesn't fight Price, why Povetkin doesn't fight Pulev, why Arreola doesn't fight Chisorra.... and so on.. Klitschkos are fighting whoever is put in front of them. (vitali is retiring now, so we'll see if anything would change).

Comment

Well that's exactly what I want and exactly the way I think it always should have been. It just stands out more when the division is soft and it happens more often. I understand Wlad can't make guys fight him who are deemed worthy and he is stuck with a new group of talent being relatively green, but Pianeta is simply not a good fighter. Neither was Wach and neither was the heavyweight version of Mormeck he fought.

Some people take offense to me posting the reality of things but you should know better Bat. If this were the case would I be would I be so scathing of both Dempsey and Johnson's selection of title defenses? This is today and now, that is why I'm asking to question.....just clearing that up.
            In that case the question is futile because it has never been like that and given the system with too many socalled governing bodies craving sanctioning fees, it is not going to happen in the foreseeable future. In other words: We're talking Utopia here.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
              I hear you. I would too like we have prime Ali, Tyson, Holyfiled among us but we don't. No point in the constant pointing out the division is weak.

I actually don't think it's that weak at all. Just top contenders are not willing to fight each other. If we had more fights like Haye-Chisorra, we'll all enjoy more and we'll all give more credit to champions. Why Tyson doesn't fight Price, why Povetkin doesn't fight Pulev, why Arreola doesn't fight Chisorra.... and so on.. Klitschkos are fighting whoever is put in front of them. (vitali is retiring now, so we'll see if anything would change).
              That's part of the problem, contenders not fighting other top contenders. Not talking about it is unavoidable if you're objective because its part of the heavyweight landscape. Ignoring it just leads to people overrating fighters.

Comment

It should be an exhibition. Saw that youtube clip Tunney put up of him. And his record? Dude is basura.

Comment

Wlad has been a good champion. Its not his fault the era he has ruled has been so weak. But should this fight really be for the heavyweight championship of the world? You can't complain about Wlad racking up defenses against weak comp when they're (in this day and age) top contenders who have beaten other contenders and/or top 20 fighters. But guys like Wach, and now Pianeta should be non title fights. I have no problem with Wlad trying to stay busy, but padding your defenses against no hopers who haven't earned the privledge of fighting tor the championship is cheap. I see the usual suspects trying to make this guy out to be a respectable opponent. They gloat that he's undefeated, big and in his prime. But when you dig a little deeper you realize he has fought a few washed up fighters and guys who won't even be considered journeymen in a couple of years. His best win is a draw against Sosnowski and he is 3-3-1 since they fought. And you you watch Pianeta fight he's slow and amateurish. This should be a non title fight. It will be nothing more than a sparring match until Wlad drops the hammer on him.
                  wlad deserves a cash fight. but pianeta given his experince, would probably qualify as one of his sparring partners, definitely not a title fight.

Comment

In that case the question is futile because it has never been like that and given the system with too many socalled governing bodies craving sanctioning fees, it is not going to happen in the foreseeable future. In other words: We're talking Utopia here.
                    Change never comes about by being quiet. And it still doesn't change that 3 out of his last 4 have been incredibly undeserving. Should that just be ignored?

Comment

You're so full of crap, it was worded fine you just took personal exception to it. There was no bias at all. "Should Wlad vs Pianeta be a non title fight?" First option-yes: Pianeta is unworthy of fighting for the championship....at the moment. Second option-no: Pianeta is not worthy. There is nothing wrong with that and it could only be confusing to the simple minded. We already know you're a Klitschko fanboy, but I didn't know you were simple minded.. my apologies.

I guess my thread in the dome about alts must have offended you to since its now deleted.
                      If those were the choices in the bold then it was worded badly and doesn't make much sense. Voting no in the original poll is a double negative, which is generally avoided in proper writing. The "no, Pianeta is not worthy" is unnecessary. Shouldn't it be "no, he is worthy of fighting for a title?"

Comment

Working...
                      X