Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

should Wlad vs Pianeta be a non title fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
    Will be funny as hell if Wlad gets knocked out by Pinata though.

Rofl.

That will be four KO Defeats.
    Not a chance of that happening. If it did though his legacy would take a major hit.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      By the way BostonGuy, why don't you put my poll questions back the way they were. There was nothing wrong with how they were stated. No reason for you to change them except a little Klit criticism gets your panties in a bunch.

It was worded so badly that it was confusing posters. I edited so that the question is black and white; either you think it should be a "title fight" or a "nontitle fight." Zero bias

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
        He fought Oliver Mccall like two fights ago. That says alot.

Side note:
        Can't believe Oliver McCall is still fighting!

double side note:
        Hopkins is older than McCall!
        You've gotta be shitting me. Oliver McCall??? That guy needs to quit.

Comment

It would be a complete joke if Pianeta got a title shot, but it's the heavyweights, we are used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
            Will be funny as hell if Wlad gets knocked out by Pinata though.

Rofl.

That will be four KO Defeats.
            No it wouldn't be. Wlad was never KOed, but I know someone who was

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
              It was worded so badly that it was confusing posters. I edited so that the question is black and white; either you think it should've be a "title fight" or a "nontitle fight." Zero bias
              You're so full of crap, it was worded fine you just took personal exception to it. There was no bias at all. "Should Wlad vs Pianeta be a non title fight?" First option-yes: Pianeta is unworthy of fighting for the championship....at the moment. Second option-no: Pianeta is not worthy. There is nothing wrong with that and it could only be confusing to the simple minded. We already know you're a Klitschko fanboy, but I didn't know you were simple minded.. my apologies.

I guess my thread in the dome about alts must have offended you to since its now deleted.
              Last edited by JAB5239; 02-08-2013, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by messenger View Post
                It would be a complete joke if Pianeta got a title shot, but it's the heavyweights, we are used to it.
                I agree that historicly some very undeserving fighters have gotten title shots. But this is 3 of last 4 fights where his opponents were totally undeserving. Just goes to show how bad this era really is.

Comment

One thing I don't understand. You all are whining how HW division is bad, awful and so on but most of you comment mostly on HW fights..

Surely you can find the satisfactory 'quality' and 'excitement' in the other divisions or if you can't live without HW then there are enough old HW tapes you can rewatch.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                    One thing I don't understand. You all are whining how HW division is bad, awful and so on but most of you comment mostly on HW fights..

Surely you can find the satisfactory 'quality' and 'excitement' in the other divisions or if you can't live without HW then there are enough old HW tapes you can rewatch.
                    Why, would that change the current situation of today's heavyweight division? Does talking about it hurt today's heavyweight division? What I don't understand is why some posters get offended by the truth and want other posters to just leave it alone.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                      I recall reading more than once that the heavyweight champion can only fight title fights or exhibitions, but not a non-title fight. I believe that the reason was that whilst other champions could fight non-title fights by having one contestant weigh in over the limit, this didn't apply with heavyweights. I don't know if this is still valid.

Another little sidenote; In the days of "non-title" fights, the only way any champion could lose his title was by KO. I know that Benny Leonard won his title that way, KO ing freddie Welsh.
                      I recall that Holmes fought Marvis Frazier as a non-title fight though.

As for the question on the OP then I'd say that despite this being a pretty bad challenger it's far from being the worst.

What about Jean-Pierre Coopmans, Leon Spinks, Pete Rademacher, Scott LeDoux? Those are just names that immidiately springs to mind and they where all fights for the title.

Jab. You know your history. This question is kinda trolling.

Comment

Working...
                      X