Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

should Wlad vs Pianeta be a non title fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    You are probably correct, but I never saw Witherspoon before the Holmes fight which would be a fair gauge. Is there any footage available of the 15 fights Witherspoon had before getting the shot at Holmes?
    I'm honestly not sure. But given how he fought against Holmes, I'd say its a reasonable assumption he was pretty skilled before that and just needed experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      I'm honestly not sure. But given how he fought against Holmes, I'd say its a reasonable assumption he was pretty skilled before that and just needed experience.
      What if Pianeta gives a good account of himself against Wlad just as Witherspoon did against Holmes? It IS possible. It's not fair to just say that Witherspoon is above Pianeta without using the same standard of measurement IMO.

Comment

What if Pianeta gives a good account of himself against Wlad just as Witherspoon did against Holmes? It IS possible. It's not fair to just say that Witherspoon is above Pianeta without using the same standard of measurement IMO.
        If Pianeta gives a good account of himself showing the same type of skill level as Witherspoon than I will publicly apologize on this forum for criticizing both him and Wlad. I always keep my word, but what do you think the chances of that happening really are?

Comment

If Pianeta gives a good account of himself showing the same type of skill level as Witherspoon than I will publicly apologize on this forum for criticizing both him and Wlad. I always keep my word, but what do you think the chances of that happening really are?
          Very slim. Wlad will knock him out in less than 5 rounds I think. Then again it was a major surprise that Witherspoon was competitive with Holmes, so strange things happen in this sport.

Comment

Very slim. Wlad will knock him out in less than 5 rounds I think. Then again it was a major surprise that Witherspoon was competitive with Holmes, so strange things happen in this sport.
            It was a strange thing Spoon was competitive because he was inexperienced and not well know. After seeing his skills though it really isn't surprising. While not an ATG, I'd say Tim could be a contender at the least in any era. Judging the skills I've seen from Pianeta I can't say the same thing. There is of course that chance, slim as you've said, that Pianeta shines against Wlad though win or lose. If that the case I'm gonna be eating my words.

Comment

I bet David Haye would take another Wlad fight in the blink of an eye. He's rated, has held a paper title, and he's a known commodity.
              Pure speculation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
                Pure speculation.
                No, its a fact he's rated, held a title and is a known commodity. Its also a fact he's seeking another Klit fight.

Comment

No, its a fact he's rated, held a title and is a known commodity. Its also a fact he's seeking another Klit fight.
                  It's a fact that you're basing your argument on speculation. Haye dragged the Wlad fight on for a couple years, and kept ducking Vitali. He doesn't just jump on a Klitschko fight. That's a fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
                    It's a fact that you're basing your argument on speculation. Haye dragged the Wlad fight on for a couple years, and kept ducking Vitali. He doesn't just jump on a Klitschko fight. That's a fact.
                    Speculation? So its not a fact he is highly rated by all orgs, was a former title holder, is a known commodity and is seeking another Klit fight? Lol, ok whatever you say!

Comment

Speculation? So its not a fact he is highly rated by all orgs, was a former title holder, is a known commodity and is seeking another Klit fight? Lol, ok whatever you say!
                      The fact of the matter is that Haye is a legitimate threat to Klitali and that's why the Klit Lemmings are so bitter about him.

It's ok for the Klits to fight the Wach's and Pianeta's of this world but refuse to accept Haye as a dance partner.

Comment

Working...
                      X