Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wladimir Klitschko vs. Francesco Pianeta

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Freedom.;13008337]I agree Boytsov would be better, but he's in a promotional dispute with Universum.

Pianeta is probably the best of those who are willing and able.

Here's the second half of the fight you posted with the KO:

Exactly right

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
      I love this fight.

Pianeta is a poor man's Tony Tucker.

Only fitting Wlad fights him.

we had Pianeta in camp as a sparing partner for Thompson. The boy can fight and is hungry. This is a good voluntary defense considering many are already set to fight and some have said no waiting to become a mand

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
        I didn't see this fight before. Am I seeing correctly that both guys wear white trunks, blue gloves and black shoes?

Dufuq?

Comment

Yes.

Pianeta is decent.

Povetkin possibly had the best amateur record at super-heavyweight of all-time, winning 12 Gold medals including Olympic Gold.
          One could even make the point that Wlad vs Povetkin is the FIRST encounter of a Olympic Gold Superheavyweight vs Olympic Gold Superheavyweight.

Comment

Originally posted by hweightblogger View Post
            One could even make the point that Wlad vs Povetkin is the FIRST encounter of a Olympic Gold Superheavyweight vs Olympic Gold Superheavyweight.
            Povetkin is sound. Too many people bashing him on this site..

Comment

I was expecting Ortiz, Pianeta or Mago so its decent enough as long as we get Povetkin next.

Comment

I don't think this is a good fight. How is Pianeta qualified? I don't understand why it's not Povetkin now.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                  I don't think this is a good fight. How is Pianeta qualified? I don't understand why it's not Povetkin now.
                  But why does it matter... Wlad will fight Povetkin in few months time. No harm in giving us one more fight prior to that... I like Wlad for being active.

Comment

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
                    Povetkin is sound. Too many people bashing him on this site..
                    He's regressed, that's why he gets so much hate.

Comment

Povetkin-Klitschko will happen in July in a big stadium.

It's too cold right now for a fight at an outdoor stadium in Moscow or Kiev.

I like this fight because it keeps Wlad active. Pianeta is age 28, 6'5" and 28-0.
                      I'm not that familiar with the circumstances here. Wasn't there supposed to be a pursebid? I know Sauerland and Povetkin are ready to do it now.

Comment

Working...
                      X