No announcement yet.

Wladimir Klitschko vs. Francesco Pianeta

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    Pianeta should be a sparring partner for wlad, not a an actual opponent.
    he wasn't even good enough to a sparring partner, let alone a prospect.

That's probably why Wlad has picked him, because hes a tomato can, never mind failiong to be a contender, he cant even manage a job as a sparring partner. This wont matter to the Klitlickers, who are too fanatic or too dumb to realise they are being cheated and the HW title being defiled.

Originally posted by Freedom
    Pianeta says he believes he can defeat Wladimir:
    hes hardly going to say he cant beat him lol. dumbest post ever. Reminds me of the Frank Bruno spitting image sketch -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b71w8cwjNWs

Originally posted by freedom
    BoxRec #14
    WBO #9
    WBA #12
    - undefeated 28-0
    - never been knocked down as an amateur or as a pro
    - 6'5", 240 pounds (no blown up cruiserweight)
    - young at age 28 and in his physical prime (no shot old guy)
    - active, he fought 4 times in 2012
    - a southpaw (more difficult style for the champ)
    - a known name in Germany, makes the fight bigger there
    you forgot to add failed sparring partner with a crap resume.
    Last edited by DreamFighter; 04-07-2013, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShamrockXpress View Post
      Then your sick and sadistic, why would you want to see a prime, dominant champion beat up on two shot, old men, that just so happened to be 2 of the sports biggest legends in there prime? Pianeta mightn't be much but he's young and undefeated and in his physical prime
      Yes. Pianeta is:

BoxRec #14
      WBO #9
      WBA #12
      - undefeated 28-0

Decent opponent for Wlad right now, as long as he fights Povetkin in July.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
        Yes. Pianeta is:

BoxRec #14
        WBO #9
        WBA #12
        - undefeated 28-0

Decent opponent for Wlad right now, as long as he fights Povetkin in July.
        Exactly. for keep busy fight, quite decent.
        Pianetta might turn out to be better than the most people think.

Comment

As long as wlad fights the best opponents out there, there is no harm in giving the opportunity to pianetta or wach in the meantime.

Wlad is a very active boxer. It's not that he fights once every 18 months.

povetkin, pulev, fury... all of them will have their chance.
          Last edited by Simurgh; 04-07-2013, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Another bum.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
              Be honest.

You're not a fan of Wlad at all, or you wouldn't object to him having fought his IBF mandatory Tony Thompson.
              How short is your memory? Just a matter of days ago we were having a discussion in your "What is Wlads best win?" Thread and I was praising Wlad quite highly.

Perhaps you should take a closer look and not just read what you want to. I'm not a huge fan of Wlad but I absolutely am a fan of Wlad and I defend him regularly on here.

As for Thompson, I didn't like the fight at the time and I'm still nt overly happy with it but I've stated numerous times it holds a lot more water since the Price KO.

You should get your facts straight.

Comment

I don't see the reason for this fight. I'd rather see Wlad fight twice, or even once a year against somebody, than 3 times a year against nobodies.

Wladimir is obviously the most talented HW of his era, it has been so for a while and there is no denying it.

That said the level of opposition is close to zero. If the fight against Pianeta has to be considered " decent", then it is indeed one of the worst HW eras ever.

It's probably not Wladimir's fault, I grant him that, but a year in which the HW Champion of the World competes with fighters of the caliber of Mormeck, a 41 years old Thompson and Wach, is a bad year for boxing, regardless.

Comment

How many keep busy fights is Wlad going to have? Mormeck, Thompson, Wach then Pianeta?

I just don't see the reason for this fight. You can't holistically blame Wlad but it's a poor fight nonetheless.

Comment

another bum

Comment

• It would be great if Pianetta could pull a Corrie Sanders R.I.P. but I don't see it happening. But if it does then the smartest thing he does is not give Klitschko a rematch. Don't let them get the belts back. My prediction= Wlad knocks him out in round 7.

Comment

Working...
                      X