Collapse
No announcement yet.

Devon Alexander is massively underrated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People don't like his style and they are still bitter over the Matthysse decision.

Even if you chalk up 3 losses for him he's still a solid fighter. But before getting in the ring with Floyd he needs to defeat Brook and/or Guerrero to lead the pack at 147.

Comment

I thought Matthysse beat him clearly and Bradley beat him clearly. I have no knowledge of him being overtrained for Bradley. He is a good fighter but seems to lack heart, stamina and toughness. I think I know about where to rate him.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        I thought Matthysse beat him clearly and Bradley beat him clearly. I have no knowledge of him being overtrained for Bradley. He is a good fighter but seems to lack heart, stamina and toughness. I think I know about where to rate him.
        You just explained Floyds perfect opponent! And why Floyd wants to fight him!

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
          People don't like his style and they are still bitter over the Matthysse decision.

Even if you chalk up 3 losses for him he's still a solid fighter. But before getting in the ring with Floyd he needs to defeat Brook and/or Guerrero to lead the pack at 147.
          And Kotelnik.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigg View Post
            He's a good fighter, nothing more, nothing less.

Oh, and Kevin Cunningham is a ****.
            Yeah but the HBO face off with Floyd and Devon with Cunningham and Uncle Rodge next to them would be better than the fight itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              I believe he'll be a better welterweight than he was a jr welterweight. And he was the 2nd best at 140, when he was there. Even though I'd like to ad that Mattysse did beat him & Kotelnik may have too.
              Kotelnik was a far worse robbery.. You would have to be extremely generous to even give him two rounds!

Comment

Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
                Lmfao!!! Nice laugh before my shift

Comment

Agreed. Alexander is a good boxer, with good speed and footwork. I've said previously, that I wouldn't be surprised by a Mayweather/Alexander fight. It will give Mayweather a young strong opponent AMD gives Alexander a chance to prove his worth!

The last time we saw Mayweather with a young buck; he and his opponent lost their cool but up to that point Mayweather was DOMINATING! Will a fight with Alexander be the same case?

Comment

I think Devon is rated where he belongs..He's a solid fighter,but he's not top level imo..I think he beats most at WW but he will still fall short to certain fighters..Guerrero being one of them,I also believe he would not want to fight Karass Lopez or Ortiz(although I'd pick Alexander over Ortiz)..Alexander is a good fighter but not under or overrated..He's solid I think everyone(who's not hating on the kid)can agree to that..

Comment

I think he's slightly underrated.

Comment

Working...
                      X