No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Says Deal To Face Alexander is Nearly Done

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    You see, people think I'm defending this for whatever reason. I don't like it either. I'm just saying the only thing positive from this is seeing Canelo and Guerrero in better fights to put themselves in a position to make a Floyd fight a big fight.
    You're not getting it huh? At this stage in Floyd's career (fighting, only once a year, IF THAT). A Devon Alexander fight should be completely, unacceptable.

A Floyd fight = $60-$70. How is he going to justify, Devon "ah! ah! ah!" Alexander.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      Fair point. A lot of times promoters will release news like this to test the fan response and go from there. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out not to be true.
      I agree, I think Mayweather is doing what he does best, dodge and run. He claims it would be a unification bout, but that's not true because Alexander's mandatory is Brooks. So if Alexander takes the fight, he would get stripped of his belt.

Comment

• Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
        First off, Clottey would beat the dog piss outta Alexander/Guerrero.

Secondly, you embody the truest send of the word, FLOWMO.
        If you knew anything about Weebler, you'd know he's not that.

Clottey.....really??? The best thing he did was beat Judah. Let's not hype him like some great win.

This isn't a good fight for Floyd right now, but it's not even official yet. So let's wait and see before we (you) get our panties in a bunch.

Comment

• Is this fight even PPV? I might watch it if it's just WCB HBO Boxing. This fight doesn't deserve PPV status. Even De La Hoya had a few fights on regular HBO at his PPV peak.

Comment

• While I have grown to accept the Ghost fight I can not accept him fighting Devon and I'm a fan of Devon but I hope seriously this isn't the choice

Comment

• Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
              you keep holding that against him as if that's the only fight he's had at 147. he looked sharp and threw combos against karass where his power proved to be the difference. he was in better shape. berto went life and death with ortiz and was son'd by a lightweight. c'mon man.
              Ortiz would son Alexander. I'm not even joking either.

Comment

• Floyd's being Floyd, stirring up the pot before the announcement. i refuse to believe he'll fight Alexander.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  That's fair enough, but outside of maybe Lucas Matthysse, who has earned it?
                  Bear in mind Floyd refuses to work with BA over Bradley/Pacquiao. Not excusing that behaviour but that's the reality of the GBP-TR beef.
                  That's a fair point as well, but I guaranteee Trout would have taken the fight for the money Alexander is taking. He just beat Cotto in May, when he was the #1 contender in weight class, he can fight JMW's. Trout is a Haymon client, it could have been done. There wasn't a lot of options, but there were options.

Comment

• Bull*****.. this b*tch Floyd just want the stupid fans to think that he's fighting Alexander to justify his cherrypicking on that bum Guerrero.
                    Stupid fan-"Floyd is a b*tch.He should fight Guerrero".
                    Floyd then goes to fight and beat that Bum Guerrero.
                    Stupid fan- "Floyd beat Guerrero' He is the bestest'"

lol

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                      You see, people think I'm defending this for whatever reason. I don't like it either. I'm just saying the only thing positive from this is seeing Canelo and Guerrero in better fights to put themselves in a position to make a Floyd fight a big fight.
                      If Mayweather vs a Puppy is going down on a $70 PPV what makes you think Golden Boy is going to put Canelo and Guerrero in legitimate fights?

There are zero positives to this.

Comment

Working...
                      X