Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire vs. Rigondeaux in Doubt? Darchinyan Standing By

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Rigo screws this then that's his fault 100%, but what I can blame on Nonito is having Vic as a plan B.

C'mon, GBP offered a pretty good purse to make Mares vs Donaire, and it was rejected so we can get Donaire vs Vic II? :/

Comment

Who was advising Rigo before ? He was doin so goin

Comment

IF this is actually true, Rigo must be in full ****** mode. All I can do is shake my head in disbelief. Dude defects to the US in order to take advantage of all glorious opportunities this country has to offer, and then considers pissing all over those opportunities once he is given a shot at them??? If he is (frankly) stupid enough to think he can somehow blackmail Arum in to doing his bidding and naive enough to think that Bob would EVER bow to his wishes, he needs to have a serious discussion with a professional doctor . AND, for crying out loud - the man only has ELEVEN pro fights and is being given an opportunity of a lifetime (one which he was begging for to begin with) to fight one of the sports P4P best, and he's gonna play games and say **** like this? ****ing stupid would be too mild of words for the situation, IF it is infact true.

Hopefully Donaire stands his ground against Arum on fighting Darchinyan. He has taken on Arum before, surely he cares enough about his own career to see that a fight with Vic would only be a huge slide downward and would warrant only more criticism. Nonito is supposed to be building and maintaining credibility, not destroying it.

WAKE UP, Rigo.

Comment

smh

I keep saying it bob arum is giving boxing a bad a black eye

Comment

I have a really bad feeling that its going to be Vic. It was prob uncle bobs plan all along but.

Comment

Hey, I'm definately not a big fan of Bob Arum, but c'mon. He finally gave in and is giving Rigo an opportunity here. How in the hell is Rigo gonna turn around and make some bull**** demand that doesn't have anything to do with the size of the ring or the amount of his paycheck? With only 11 pro fights, he's being given a chance of a lifetime IMO. It's pretty bizarre on Rigo's part TBH, as I said previously - IF it is true.

If Rigo screws this up, it's HIS fault. If Bob gives us Donaire/Darchinyan II, then he's just a straight up assh*le.

Comment

Darchinyan would suck, I don't care who's fault it would be if the fight doesn't happen. Rigondeaux better get his sh** together.

Comment

Bob Arum is exactly right. That promotional company is gassing Rigo to use this fight to settle their differences with Top Rank. My thing is, if Rigo fought his last fight without the company involved, then why won't he do it for the biggest fight of his life? He is a JACK ASS. I also feel that he doesn't want to fight Donaire. All of his screaming about getting the fight and he finally gets the nod and all of a sudden he puts up a road block. Or better yet, letting a 3rd party influence him to drop the ball on this opportunity.

Comment

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/rigondeau...#ixzz2K4tKnd93
                    This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Rigondeaux and Caribe have since resolved their problems, and now the boxer wants the problem between Top Rank and Caribe to get resolved.

"Top Rank sent a contract for the [Donaire] fight, which my advisers are reviewing, but I've made it clear to Top Rank that I want the legal problems between my promoter, Caribe Promotions, and Top Rank, to be resolved before the fight. I want the legal case between the two companies to be resolved," Rigondeaux said.

See this is what I meant earlier. It says between TR and Caribe. This is what confuses me.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorily View Post
                      Hey, I'm definately not a big fan of Bob Arum, but c'mon. He finally gave in and is giving Rigo an opportunity here. How in the hell is Rigo gonna turn around and make some bull**** demand that doesn't have anything to do with the size of the ring or the amount of his paycheck? With only 11 pro fights, he's being given a chance of a lifetime IMO. It's pretty bizarre on Rigo's part TBH, as I said previously - IF it is true.

If Rigo screws this up, it's HIS fault. If Bob gives us Donaire/Darchinyan II, then he's just a straight up assh*le.
                      Rigondeaux wouldn't last six rounds with Donaire. The Darchinyan rematch would be a good competitive fight with surprises. Believe me. There is bad blood between these two and the rematch is long overdue. Don't sleep on this rematch like Pacquiao Marquez 4 was slept on. It's the same kind of fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X