No announcement yet.

Why is Floyd held to a higher standard?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
    Woah, woah, woah, pump ya brakes son. I remember watching Margarito/Cintron live on HBO. That was a HUGE win for Margs. They were both the "future" of the 147 lb. division, and people were saying how great this fight was going to be, and how a win for either man could take them to the next level.

But of course, we're going to forget all that.
    no you didn't. you watched margs/cintron on espn ppv. thats why they ranked margs #1 because they used him to launch their ppv arm. thats why it was described as such-espn marketing.

feel free to check and then apologize for being so utterly stupid and disrespectful.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
      And I hold Floyd to a higher standard, because HE claims to be the greatest ever.

Different strokes, for different folks.
      This is correct too!! This is also why I call everyone Broner fights a bum, because dude wants to go around bragging to be P4P and great already well time to step up the competition!

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
        And not only that some people judge fighters by styles, and it just happens that Floyd's style is alot well suited for some of the biggers guys in 154.

Can you imagine Pac trying to trade with Canelo or Sergio Martinez??? Won't turn out pretty.
        154 is Pac's 8th weight class, it's only Floyd's 5th and he's supposed to be a legit champ there. Why would you excuse him for not being a good champ and taking on the best challengers where he's #1 rated?

Comment

Originally posted by IdNod4u2 View Post
          Example:

Floyd can fight Canelo, Martinez, Trout etc... but he couldnt or should not have fought Marquez, Clottey or Ortiz.

at the same time Pac can fight Margarito, Clottey(even thought they are "bigger") and whoever he seems to have an advantage over and get huge credit for the wins.

( you say well because of size.) But Floyd cAN FIGHT pAC....

But if we say Pac should fight Canelo, Martinez, Trout.....This is absurd and out of the question?

On the same note Cotto can fight all those guys too and its no problem( a fighter Pac fought and beat).

For me the answer is...Whether you hate Floyd or love him your giving him respect because inside you know he is great or greater than Manny.

Opinions?
          bunch of lies .. floyd dont get credit for fighting jmm becuase jmm was never a threat to him.. i dont think he would've gotten more hate either had he fought clottey than the hate pacqauio got....clottey was a ranked #3 ww at that time..

pac got hated on when he fought margarito but people wanted floyd to fight margarito, .. so how is margoo not a good win for pac when it's a common knowledge floyd dodge him?..

with cotto , he got beaten way too many times to be held on high standard, so he gets a pass somewhat...

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            Because you said that Baldo was > Margarito since he was linear champion. In that case Michalszewski > Jones which I highly doubt is your opinion. So I wanted to check for inconsistency.
            Originally Posted by Big Dunn
            was margs better than Baldo, yes. Baldo had just beaten the lineal WW champion which was a better win than any Margs had at the time.

Margs wasn't the man at ww. I mean 6 heads and cintron wins make you the man?

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
              154 is Pac's 8th weight class, it's only Floyd's 5th and he's supposed to be a legit champ there. Why would you excuse him for not being a good champ and taking on the best challengers where he's #1 rated?
              Im not excusing Floyd from doing that, he needs to fight legit competition at 154. When did I say otherwise?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                no you didn't. you watched margs/cintron on espn ppv. thats why they ranked margs #1 because they used him to launch their ppv arm. thats why it was described as such-espn marketing.

feel free to check and then apologize for being so utterly stupid and disrespectful.
                My fault, you right. I DID watch it live though. Anyways, that fight was HUGE for both fighters. I consider that Marg's career defining moment, before the Cotto fight. That's when people started to recognize him as an elite WW.

Comment

I didn't post that. I said baldo was lineal and clearly beating zab was better than any win margs had at the time. Its the win over the lineal champ, not just being lineal champ. Margs had no such win.
                  What? You said that Marg was better than Baldo here:

was margs better than Baldo, yes. Baldo had just beaten the lineal WW champion which was a better win than any Margs had at the time.

Margs wasn't the man at ww. I mean 6 heads and cintron wins make you the man?
                  So Marg was better but Baldo was lineal and the man!

Comment

Floyd is the self proclaimed GOAT so one would assume he would think like one. You know like SRL fighting marvin hagler or ODL fighting Bernard Hopkins. Sure Hoya didnt win but he still had the desire to try it and many respect him for it despite the whole fishnets thing. We've never seen floyd with that hunger to jump in there and do what many thought impossible(those are the characteristics of a goat). He would rather just call himself the best instead of proving it. He has a very good record no doubt, but he hasnt shown that he is who he says he is.
                    Last edited by Shogunofharlem1; 02-05-2013, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                      What? You said that Marg was better than Baldo here:

So Marg was better but Baldo was lineal and the man!
                      Awe damn, Dunn got......

Comment

Working...
                      X