No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bryant Jennings Ready To Face Klitschko on April 6

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
    They were in the top 20 when he fought them.
    No they wasn't, Ray Austin hasn't cracked the top 20 since before his fight vs Wlad in 2007. Monte Barrett was knocked out of the top 20 when he was knocked out by former cruiser weight champ Haye in 2008, and right after that Solis fought Barrett. Facts!

Comment

His knee gave out because of his poor footwork and even if it was the punch, the punch didn't stop him his knee did. Jennings is too green to be put in a title fight, that's all there is to it.
      Poor footwork, I thought this is a Olympic Gold Medalist who is so skilled, thats boxing 101 foot positioning among others! I'm not even arguing Jennings point anymore, this is hilarious. Also you can dismiss me with the newbie stuff, one thing i'm not a newbie to is boxing

Comment

Jennings is rready, I know from experience. Id put money on the upset. Jennings is the most legit guy out there.

Comment

Originally posted by elijahlyric View Post
          No they wasn't, Ray Austin hasn't cracked the top 20 since before his fight vs Wlad in 2007. Monte Barrett was knocked out of the top 20 when he was knocked out by former cruiser weight champ Haye in 2008, and right after that Solis fought Barrett. Facts!
          Ray Austin was rate #1 by the WBC when Solis fought him, Barrett was around 20.

Comment

Ray Austin was rate #1 by the WBC when Solis fought him, Barrett was around 20.
            Kid bring me facts, Barrett was around 20, i thought he was in the top 20? See now your going to wbc, wbo rankings etc... First you were talking BOXREC rankings which is world rankings, now you want to go to individual organization rankings. Now I know what kind of boxing fan I'm dealing with "Unknowledgeable" ESPN has neither Solis or Jennings in the top 10 so end of discussion
            Last edited by Nahshon Israel; 02-05-2013, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Kid bring me facts, Barrett was around 20, i thought he was in the top 20? See now your going to wbc, wbo rankings etc... First you were talking BOXREC rankings, now individual organization rankings. Now I know what kind of boxing fan I'm dealing with "Unknowledgeable"
              Says the guy that used the org ratings to say Jennings is higher than Solis. Austin was a top 20 fighter when Solis fought him whatever rankings you go by. Prove me wrong.....

You keep saying facts......... but provide nothing to back those facts up.

Comment

i don't think jennings is ready but i'd like to see him over oquendo. i don't write off solis yet. he's inactive because of oner & don king having a dispute over his rights & he is stuck in don king limbo. he still is young enough to make an impact. the thing about jennings is he is 6'2 but has an 84 or 85" reach which gives him a huge advantage vs most HW including taller ones. he can actually box from the outside vs taller opponents. if he had serious power he would be very difficult to beat. he is already a B level fringe contender & i'd like to see him get more experience but then again why not? it's better then wlad fighting recycled cruiserweights & 40 year old former contenders. that reach would be very difficult to prepare for. most guys with that reach are at least 6'4 or taller & are punching down. 6'2 HWs with that kind of reach don't grow on trees especially when so many HWs today are 6'6 & taller. he would be punching up at these opponents & have a reach advantage. that has to be very awkward. i'd like to see jennings fight a few other fringe contenders....

Comment

Kid bring me facts, Barrett was around 20, i thought he was in the top 20? See now your going to wbc, wbo rankings etc... First you were talking BOXREC rankings which is world rankings, now you want to go to individual organization rankings. Now I know what kind of boxing fan I'm dealing with "Unknowledgeable" ESPN has neither Solis or Jennings in the top 10 so end of discussion
                  when solis fought austin. it was a final eliminator. austin was ranked #1 in WBC. barrett wasn't even ranked in WBC because he was coming off a few losses before they fought. barrett took the fight on like 4 days notice. i know this because barrett pulled out of his fight with sheldon hinton in my hometown to fight solis. i am not sure what their world rankings were at the time but austin was ranked by all bodies if i am correct. i guess that's not proof but it's what i remember.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyMegLlo83 View Post
                    As a fan of Boxing, I'd rather see Klitschko v Jennings than 99.9% of other Heavyweight fights being offered. So what if he's young and untested? He might cause a surprise and entertain us all in the process.
                    Yeah, a Jennings fight would be a better matchup than half of the stiff bums Wlad has been fighting.

Comment

Jennings will do. Really it's just an excuse for Wladimir to get out there and stretch his legs. On the day of the fight they can wake him up and say "Hey Wlad, there is a guy in the ring. You better go fight him" and he can get up, step into the ring, score a shut out or a ko, and then go back to sleep.

Comment

Working...
                      X