Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez is Firm: I'm Not Interested, I Don't Owe Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good for JMM. He is using his newly claimed negotiating power to make Manny give up more money should they rematch.

It was evident at the fight that the arena had far more JMM fans than Manny fans. Its also clear that unless they fight in Manila, China, or possibly Madison Square Garden that JMM will always bring more paying fans.

WHile I don't think JMM deserves a 50/50 split, its clear he earned much more compensation than he has been getting for fighting Manny.

Comment

Marquéz has said the he would like to win a world title in a 5th division(that being at welter) so he could try against Malignaggi, Alexander or Bradley & those are fights that are good & will sell..

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
        Not really, Pac was happy to just win really, of course hed have preferred to ko JMM though in those fights, but he was happy when he was announced the winner by the judges didnt you see his celebrations.

Maybe JMMs t shirts i won 3 fights had something to do with it, and JMM begging for a rematch! Pac gave him enough rematches, until JMM got a win. Even i could get one win over paac in 40 fights with him if Pac had an off night.

Pac didnt owe JMM a fight just cos it was close. Many fights in boxing are close and there arent rematches every close fight. When JMM lost controversially earlier in his career against whatsitname did he try get a rematch? Probably not. But Pac gave him 3.
        pac only fought him a 3rd time because he was avoiding floyd and a 4th time because he didn't want to fight floyd or bradley and cotto wouldn't do another CW. Stop acting as if he was giving JMM more fights for the fans or JMM. He was doing it to satisfy his own greed and get what he figured was an easy win.

Comment

goooooooooood

Comment

Marquez really does not owe Pacman a damn thing. 3 close fights & 1 brutal ko proves Marquez is the better fighter. Especially since most educated boxing fans realized Marquez won the last 2 fights. The 2nd was decided by a Pacman kd & no fighter suffering 3 kd's in the 1st round should manage dealing out a boxing lesson after that. Marquez should retire now before he himself suffers Pacman's fate to a lesser, younger fighter.

Comment

If Marquez is not interested, leave him alone in peace.

I for one would like to see him take on Bradley or Rios.

Comment

from what i read and see, more fans are eager for the 5th fight this time than the 4th. jmm's foolish to risk a loss and his health fighting some bum on HBO than earning tens of millions.

Comment

Originally posted by Twako View Post
                  from what i read and see, more fans are eager for the 5th fight this time than the 4th. jmm's foolish to risk a loss and his health fighting some bum on HBO than earning tens of millions.
                  come on man. no one except pac diehards like yourself wanted jmm/pac 4 and its the same thing for jmm/pac 5.

Comment

This is some bullshit. To be fair he does owe him the shot at revenge, Pac didn't have to fight Marquez but he still did. Unless he's playing mind games to get more cash out of the 5th fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                      This is some bullshit. To be fair he does owe him the shot at revenge, Pac didn't have to fight Marquez but he still did. Unless he's playing mind games to get more cash out of the 5th fight.
                      No problem. Let him wait a fight or two. At best. Like Manny did.

Comment

Working...
                      X