Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which HBO commentator do you dislike most

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do like Max in general, I even listen to his radio show here in LA almost every day....he at least enjoys the sport and is happy to be there..he's a fan that is good as a professional too.. BUT within the past year or so, he really has been trying hard to push the company line at times.

It's coming across way too thick lately and it's getting a little uncomfortable because that's not really how he's been over the years. I can get over the NYC/east coast bias because they have their own boxing culture there, thats fine...people watching from overseas probably hear the overall US bias really clearly but we all can understand it's an American network so they deal with it...but there is an extra layer of towing the line he has been doing lately.

I think he is a little lost in his role right now having being told he would be basically replacing Merchant..pretty big shoes to fill.

Comment

They could get rid of Lampley and Kellerman. Keep Roy Jones and Add the Siri voice thingie from Iphones to join Roy. Siri would be more useful than Jim and Max combined.

Then when something controversial happens, have Teddy Atlas nearby to go into a verbal tirade.

So a team of Roy, Teddy and Siri would be perfect.

Comment

lampley followed by max sometimes he's bias

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I don't have problem with Max, but I do hate how biased he can be at times.

Comment

Worst on HBO may be Merchant. I actually think Lampley is a good color commentator, he's not an analyst. Roy is hit and miss. Ward was actually really good.

All I know is this: whoever the guy is with show time who yells and hollers and the smallest **** has a very mma vibe that I just don't like. He's awful. Matter of fact the play by play on show time is second rate. It sucks because I like their fights.

Comment

Always had a love/hate thing with merchant. I hated his bias but I liked him there as a adversarial announcer.

Comment

Larry Merchant is a fuking fgt.

I loved it when Lennox Lewis owned his soul by taking the mic away from his ******ed hands and told Larry

'Larry look at the state of his face.. the doctors lucky they stop the fight or I would have stopped him anyways'

and Merchant going 'but but but Lennox da score cards

'Larry look at the state of his face.. the doctors lucky they stop the fight or I would have stopped him anyways'

Lewis just owned merchant by repeating the exact same thing he said 5 seconds ago.

Merchant is a senile drunk old goat who is a utter moron and don't know anything about boxing.

I guess he felt like he got some brass balls after surviving Lennox and Tyson and think he can trash talk Floyd since Floyd is like a 10th of their size.

Comment

i think there all great

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I like the ogs Emanuel Steward(always kept it real and most intelligent. RIP), Larry Merchant and Jimmy Lamply. I Dislike Max. Al Bernstein on showtime is good too.

Comment

I don't like Lampley or Merchant. Jones is my favorite by far.

Comment

Working...
                      X