No announcement yet.

Freddie Roach "Rios doesnt last 6 rounds w/manny"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
    that's it? margarito is more of a power puncher than marquez. can you tell me how that fight ended? rios doesn't set anything up, he plods forward and brawls inside with hooks and uppercuts til the other guy goes down. tailor made. what marquez did took skills and patience. things that rios does not possess.
    All it takes is just one punch, I do understand Marquez is more Skillful but One punch can end it and after his last fight now his chin is suspect, it's not going to get stronger as he gets older!

Comment

prime for prime , it would be a mismatch .. but now , it think it's a very dangerous fight for pac..

Comment

Bam is tailormade for Pac...I said they should make this fight the day after Marquez iced him...won't be suprised if it happens and I won't be suprised if Bam leaves the ring ruined!!...perfect fight for Manny imo...bad fight for Bam!!

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha & Omega View Post
          LOL sure thing Roach. Man does anyone listen or believe anything he says? What's it been, literally 3+ years since he has made a correct prediction? This guy needs to retire, and any fighter seeking him for training needs their head examined. Keep on underestimating Rios everyone, win or lose he would put a hurting on Manny believe that. When is the last time Manny stopped anyone in 6 rounds or less (or anyone at all for that matter)? Hatton about 3-4 years ago. I told everyone after the 3rd fight that JMM that Manny won't win another fight and so far I am right...he is 0-2 since. People need to understand part of what made Manny so successful was people were scared and intimidated by him with his "aura" of invincibility. That is gone now after being brutally KOed. People will be coming for his head now, more risk to them or not. So go ahead and put him in with a sick maniac like Rios...more power to them if they think that's an easy fight. No more fighting him tentatively, and he will have that from now on in the back of his mind, the possibility of being cold ****ed. Manny moves around less now and doesn't have the stopping power at WW he had at lighter weights so get ready Manny fans...a storm is coming.
          You just won the most ******ed post I've ever laid eyes on award

Comment

Manny vs Rios is a tuneup.. I feel sorry for Rios if he gets thrown to the dogs.. Manny is too much for him right now... however I'm sure Rios would be able to buy nice stuff after

Originally posted by puga View Post
            prime for prime , it would be a mismatch .. but now , it think it's a very dangerous fight for pac..
            You obviously don't know how easy it is too hit Rios... Manny's angles will be far too much for Rios...

It will be similar to the Margarito fight but probably easier considering the reach was a slight problem for Manny,this will be a cake walk..

Cmon now people... fighters get knocked out,it happens.. some fighters come back better but indeed some do come back shot as hell..I doubt Manny has lost any ability

Joe Louis was knocked out by Schmeling,came back better
            Sugar Ray Robinson was knocked a few times and came back still looking sensational...

If a fighter loses round here you guys proclaim he's finished without any evidence...

I feel ashamed people think Rios even has a chance with manny..Rios an unproven, lighter one dimensional plodder... you guys are really cool
            Last edited by Stuntman Mike; 02-05-2013, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Manny will Pacquiao'd Rios if they fight right now.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                Why do you post an old ass interview? Rios would knock Pacquiao out now, especially after Pac's chin has been shattered.
                There is no way Rios ko Pac because Pac will land first. Not unless Rios hires Heredia as well then Pac has a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Haynes View Post
                  Correct me if I'm wrong but I've never even seen Rios HURT. Y'all keep on underrating his defense...PLUS Pac don't like to the BODY?? Win or lose, that would be Pacs last fight. I think Rios finishes him late.
                  Tell me you didn't just say Rios and defense in the same sentence. His defense is his face man. Alvarado had him hurt at one point too, but he had punched himself out, he couldn't finish him.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                    I think Pacquiao is done it's awfully stupid Freddie to fight a puncher after you been Hattoned.
                    you mean Pacquaio'd

Comment

A "toe to toe immobile" fighter in Rios would be tailor made for Manny to make him look good in a comeback fight.

So the probability of this being made possible is very high and Arum in the end as always will reap the benefits.

Comment

Working...
                      X