No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Devon Alexander Injured, Brook Fight To Be Postponed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
    I just think This fight aint selling, thats why GBP always pull crap like this that they are injured
    That would make sense, except they are still going on with the undercard as the main event. Could be a legit injury, but it's totally understandable that fans have a hard time believing them anymore because too many promoters/fighters HAVE postponed/cancelled fights due to fishy "injuries". Remember when they announced the Maidana/Bradley (I believe) fight was cancelled due to a "back injury". Too bad Maidana himself came out with the truth and made them look like total ****ing idiots with that one. So many B.S. stories like that make it too hard for some people to believe when it really is or isn't legit.

Comment

Originally posted by Jocknerd94 View Post
      Are you kidding me this is the second time already. Come on February sucks.
      Yeah. What's really bad is that there'll probably be another big fight forced to reschedule also in the next few weeks .

Comment

well that's not good....

Comment

no tickets were sold less than 280

this fight was a complete financial disaster with huge losses for the promoter. Cable wasn't going to show a fight in an empty arena. less than 280 tickets were puchased. Alexander was from St. Lois and brook from fricking England. Detroit made zero sense. there was no injury Alexander pulled out to save the embarrassment of no fans and empty bare arena.

Comment

are he scare ??hahaha you not going to said like Danny??

Comment

february sucks

Comment

Lol, more of a case of no one buying tickets/giving a damn about this fight.

No one wants to pay to see Devon clinch and run for 12 rounds and still win.

Comment

This is some BS. If you cant sell the damn fight - stage it in the UK or give up your belt. Was really looking forward to this one, but now April/May is more likely.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                    I think everyone is disappointed because first garcia/judah gets postponed and now this. So Theres really nothing for the month of february gotta wait until late march now for Rios/Alvarado.
                    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

It's ridiculous. This fight would fill a 15k venue in the UK; but in the USA it can't even shift 1,000 tickets.

Move it across the pond.

Comment

Working...
                      X