Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Franco Withdraws From Dib Bout, Plans To Retire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$12k for the biggest fight of his career, and it's a title fight, is sad as hell. It's easy for us to talk about him having to take it for the opportunity but man, you have to work really hard in the gym for these kinds of fights. We do nothing but sit down and watch. You have to put in work for a title fight, or any fight. $12k is laughable. That's UFC money right there.

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
      That's pretty random...

I still can't believe this. Smh
      It's not random, it's foresight. Contrarian.

Nobody thought of this possibility. Why is it that you guys only think that boxers are HiV Positive once their official pre-fight tests reveal it, and it gets out to the media. Didn't Rocky retire from Boxing in that horrible 5th movie in 1990, because brain damage was revealed, so in order for it not to go public he self-retired to keep it from getting out.

This guy got himself some dirty Capitalist poontang, and is now retiring in order to spare himself and his family the shame/disgrace.
      Last edited by cupocity303; 02-03-2013, 08:13 PM.

Comment

12 thousands for a title fight, he have to train 3 month without money his last bout was six months ago so he was about to get less than 2 thousand per month making a lot if sacrifices, diets buying nutritional help..he will make more money as a labor in construction....

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cuban View Post
          12 thousands for a title fight, he have to train 3 month without money his last bout was six months ago so he was about to get less than 2 thousand per month making a lot if sacrifices, diets buying nutritional help..he will make more money as a labor in construction....
          You're right.

I don't like the way Franco went about this -- he should have honored his commitment -- but that's no money at all for fighting. Yeah, Luis would have the opportunity to fight for bigger purses if he beats Dib, but that's if he beats him. It all sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
            You're right.

I don't like the way Franco went about this -- he should have honored his commitment -- but that's no money at all for fighting. Yeah, Luis would have the opportunity to fight for bigger purses if he beats Dib, but that's if he beats him. It all sucks.
            Yeah..not disrespect to him cuz I don't know what happen maybe he thought that he was being robbed or something like that but he should at least get this bout done like a career achievement if he got this far..I took him out of my signature I had big hopes on him...I wish him the best...

Comment

Well...."controversial" could mean "dodgy", but the winner, Munoz was first offered the fight, and AS THE REPORT SAYS... he was unable to go throug with it, and because it was so controversial, Franco was the next best guy. Simple...
              Last edited by edgarg; 02-03-2013, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Bizarre. This was a big opportunity for him. If he would have beat Dib, he would of had some potential big money fights in his future.

Comment

I can only imagine this is some weird hold out tactic...

Comment

Alot of powers that be in boxing are trying to block 50 cent.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopymiller View Post
                      Alot of powers that be in boxing are trying to block 50 cent.
                      u see it too huh...It's more than likely Mayweather & his team. Sr. reportedly split from Dirrell suddenly. Flloyd was talking that mess about bringing his pops in to train him in place of Roger....An obvious ploy to get daddy away from fif. Now the Gamboa thing...then Dib who's already been on hold. Pretty obvious & seemingly effective thus far. Let's see what comes up w/ Caballero & Dirrell who I believe have fights coming up....Your move fif. Wutchu got bro??

Comment

Working...
                      X