No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez: I See No Point in Fighting Manny Pacquiao Again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
    I think we are all saying that Manny Pacquiao cannot handle counter punchers and Roach already went on record and said that Mayweather is a harder fight than Marquez because he is a bigger counter puncher. People acting like we are making this up. Anyway, Floyd shouldn't be getting props for JMM beating Pacquiao but he should be getting props for making JMM look like an amateur when they fought because in actuality. That version. Any version of Marquez for that matter is a problem for Manny Pacquiao.
    We need to realize Mayweather and Marquez are a different kind of counter punchers. Marquez is always willing to go toe to toe when it comes to some situations. I agree Mayweather is the best counterpuncher, but he comes with a whole different arsenal.

Forget about what Roach said. He also said Pacquiao was going to knock Marquez out, and we know the result. If you're expecting a result based on the outcome in Mayweather/Marquez fight....you'll be surprised if that fight ever happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by mesher View Post
      JMM showing that he knows he got lucky this time and the Pacman is coming for him. Run Juan run, hide from that 20mill pay day to save yourself.
      The la man can come all he wants but the same thing will happen to him again sooty to say because I like pacquiao as a fighter he's good for the sport but he won't ever be the same again that ko was viscious man he will be a very hesitant fighter he said he got careless but that's his style but it always worked with other fighters but not Marquez he always gave him a problem this ko was only a matter of time it was destin to happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by DominiBox View Post
        We need to realize Mayweather and Marquez are a different kind of counter punchers. Marquez is always willing to go toe to toe when it comes to some situations. I agree Mayweather is the best counterpuncher, but he comes with a whole different arsenal.

Forget about what Roach said. He also said Pacquiao was going to knock Marquez out, and we know the result. If you're expecting a result based on the outcome in Mayweather/Marquez fight....you'll be surprised if that fight ever happens.
        I agree because Mayweather has excellent defense, more hand speed, longer reach and better timing than Marquez. Pacquiao had success with Marquez at times because Marquez likes to fight toe to toe occasionally and take risk, but Floyd lets his opponents bring the fight to him and capitalizes off of their mistakes and as we witness in Marquez/Pacquiao 4..... Manny makes them. I hate analizing this fight because the fight didn't and ain't going to happen, but style wise.

Floyd was always a risk for Manny. Pacquiao's strengths are his speed and letting fighters bring the fight to him, leaving themselves open and getting off on them but Mayweather doesn't take risks or make mistakes like that and he is also fast himself to get in and out. Lets put it like this. I have never been for Manny since this fight has been talked about. All in all, it's good to debate with you in a civilize manner.

Comment

• Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
          I agree because Mayweather has excellent defense, more hand speed, longer reach and better timing than Marquez. Pacquiao had success with Marquez at times because Marquez likes to fight toe to toe occasionally and take risk, but Floyd lets his opponents bring the fight to him and capitalizes off of their mistakes and as we witness in Marquez/Pacquiao 4..... Manny makes them. I hate analizing this fight because the fight didn't and ain't going to happen, but style wise.

Floyd was always a risk for Manny. Pacquiao's strengths are his speed and letting fighters bring the fight to him, leaving themselves open and getting off on them but Mayweather doesn't take risks or make mistakes like that and he is also fast himself to get in and out. Lets put it like this. I have never been for Manny since this fight has been talked about. All in all, it's good to debate with you in a civilize manner.
          Same here! We've had our differences, but it's just the heat of the threads.

Comment

• Originally posted by ~BoZz~ View Post
            All I know is that pacquiao got murdered by JMM..and that floyd toyed with JMM..it was a big mismatch,blame it on weight or whatever makes you sleep at night.Floyd is numero uno those two are amateurs compared to money may.
            Those 2 amateurs put on a show every time while your Floyd is on his 3 or 4th vacation .... hard to keep track of which vacation he is on.

You can't be the best if all you do is talk about it from the stands. You actually need to fight to show who is best not take vacations left and right.
            Last edited by ADP02; 02-05-2013, 12:08 AM.

Comment

• marquez was getting kind of handled until he landed that beautiful, un-lucky shot. i'd pay for a 5th fight. but then i'd always pay for a jmm or a pac fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike_R View Post
                They will do the 5th fight, Marquez has leverage now. He's doing exactly what he should be doing to posture himself to get a 50/50 split or better- depending what comes back from Manny and Arum.

And if Manny doesn't push for the 5th fight as hard as he ought to- then that's his own fault. The KO loss isn't going anywhere and if he doesn't ever fight JMM again it will be a very dark shadow on his legacy.

It's certainly not a completely exact comparison- but it does make me think of Roy Jones.

The big KO loss changes a lot of things, 12 years ago nobody thought that you'd ever have to say "forget about this fight- or ignore that this ever happened" regarding Roy Jones in order to defend the golden years of his legacy.

Boxing fans can be very brutal.
                Remember Pac was koed twice already and before the Marquez ko Pac was already on top. He was ...

a p4p #1 for many years
                a fighter of the decade
                the only 4 lineal weight divisions champ in boxing history
                the only 8 weight divisions champ in boxing history

LMAO if you think those accomplisments will disappear into thin air after the ko loss and automatically transfer those accomplishments to Marquez and Floyd.

Even after the ko lost to Marquez, remember Pac has 3 wins against Marquez including the judge admitted scoring error. So its 3 > 1. If you said those are robberies then you should watch Pac vs Bradley fight or the following fights to learn about boxing robberies.

#1 lara vs williams
                #2 martinez vs cintron
                #3 foreman vs briggs
                #4 chavez vs taylor
                #5 alexander vs matthysse
                #6 holyfield vs lewis
                #7 mosley vs dela hoya
                #8 mayweather vs castillo
                #9 dela hoya vs sturm
                #10 haggler vs leonard

The point is...even after the Marquez ko loss, you can also add if you want if Pac lost to Floyd. These will never change the fact that Pac still ahead of them in terms of legacy and accomplishments. Pac legacy already sealed long time ago and nobody will be able to break his record no matter how the haters say it is easy to achieve.

For Marquez and Floyd to break Pacs 8 weight division titles accomplishment need to fight someone at 160 and above just to make it even and the lone person who might able to do it is Floyd but I dont think he will risk his life to fight someone at middleweight let alone at super middleweight even if against a bum. Now what about the fighter of the decade title? Sorry but not in this life time.
                Last edited by straightleft; 02-05-2013, 01:20 AM.

Comment

• WOW 43 pages of these Pac stans crying wahaha PRICELESS here all of you guys needs this

Comment

• Thanks for your great contribution in this thread.

Comment

• Marquez unfortunately needs another pay day to secure his financial well being into retirement. We all know he should retire on top like many others have failed to do, but the money is too tempting. He needs to take this Pacquiao fight as it will secure his retirement fund. It's another winnable fight for him with more than double anything else he can make taking higher risks. It seems to me he just wants to appear like he's not interested so he can up the ante and get the higher payday he deserves. It's the only logical fight for him to take at this stage.

Comment

Working...
                      X