Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are people so quick to accuse fighters of ducking?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leonthegee View Post
    How is it flawed. In the same situation you and I would do the same thing. You work at a job and make 20 dollars an hour. You wouldnt quit and go do the same job for 10 or even 15 dollars an hour would you? You absolutely wouldnt. Its Floyds job to make the biggest fight possible and thats what he tries to do. Yet you exspect Floyd to do so. Just because you think a certain fighter poses a threat to Floyd doesnt mean hes ducking said fighter.
    ... It appears that you missed my point. Floyd did do that on several occasions, as I pointed out. If Floyd fought Manny he would be making much much more than fighting anyone that he has ever fought. No doubts.

So Floyd had the chance to do a job for $100 million yet said no and fought for less than half that against an opponent that would NOT do much for his resume. So Floyd took less money to fight someone less risky!

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
      ... It appears that you missed my point. Floyd did do that on several occasions, as I pointed out. If Floyd fought Manny he would be making much much more than fighting anyone that he has ever fought. No doubts.

So Floyd had the chance to do a job for $100 million yet said no and fought for less than half that against an opponent that would NOT do much for his resume. So Floyd took less money to fight someone less risky!
      Floyd offered Manny the fight 2x what else do does he need to do? And one of those offers was a 50/50 split. Manny pulled out and fought Clottey instead. Have you ever seen any other fighter out there get offered a 50/50 split from Floyd Mayweather? And you say Floyd didnt want the fight. Where do you get your balls?

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        so you think 140 pound cotto was on the same level as oscar. got it. a very reasonable position. you and floyd are right. everyone else wrong.
        You're looking at it all wrong. With Oscar, Floyd took the lesser amount. With Cotto, Floyd would take higher amount, so those two fights are not comparable in the way you're looking at it.

Comment

people just like to cry thats why they are always saying someone is ducking

Comment

Floyd offered Manny the fight 2x what else do does he need to do? And one of those offers was a 50/50 split. Manny pulled out and fought Clottey instead. Have you ever seen any other fighter out there get offered a 50/50 split from Floyd Mayweather? And you say Floyd didnt want the fight. Where do you get your balls?
            They have to believe it, otherwise it means their national hero pulled out of the fight of the century because he was scared he wouldn't test clean.

Comment

Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
              people just like to cry thats why they are always saying someone is ducking
              Life is stressful, crying helps relieve the stress.

Comment

pac should have offered floyd to fight him in manila.

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
                  You're looking at it all wrong. With Oscar, Floyd took the lesser amount. With Cotto, Floyd would take higher amount, so those two fights are not comparable in the way you're looking at it.
                  No disrespect, but I believe your logic is flawed. I am sure Floyd came out much better financially by fighting Oscar. You are leaving out the fact that the fight had grossed over 2.4 million ppv buys. In no way can Cotto-Floyd (regardless of when It took place) was gonna do those numbers.

Besides- They did 1.5 last year with Floyd making a guaranteed $32 mil. Do u think he would have gotten that by fighting Cotto in 2007?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                    They have to believe it, otherwise it means their national hero pulled out of the fight of the century because he was scared he wouldn't test clean.
                    Like I said before its a smear campaign used to discredit fighters they dont like. And I love the whole Manny said hed take less money arguement. Like im suspoded to believe Manny will fight Floyd for less money than what was offered before with stronger drug testing. Some of yall believe that bull**** but everybodies not dumb.

Comment

Floyd was never interested in the fight so he went the PEDs route excuse. He never did that with Oscar who was said to take PEDs.

Floyd said prior to negotiations #1 that he would NEVER accept a 50/50 deal ...NEVER ..... so once Manny accepted testing, Floyd went the "I WANT ALL PPV" excuse. Just like he said he would do months BEFORE, prior to the 2009 negotiations. Its all there on video. It just took more time because his PEDs excuse was working well for him.

But that is besides the point. The TS said, its all about business and if the fighter takes on another fighter instead due to making more money then you can't say its a duck. I gave a few examples where Floyd would get more money. Then I clarified that for you. Now you are changing the subject. No problem .... but Floyd took the lesser risks for even less money! FACT!!!

Finally, Floyd is his own boss, he says. Also, everyone wants to fight him. Why couldn't he fight all those fighters that he ducked? OK, if he didn't fight one opponent but he didn't fight Margarito, Cotto, Mosley, Manny, Williams, Martinez .... not all are Arum fighters but even then, so what! Manny fought Oscar who is the man at GB. It can happen! Martinez fought Chavez Jr! It can happen!
                      Last edited by ADP02; 02-02-2013, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X