Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are people so quick to accuse fighters of ducking?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most of them are real ducks. For instance Garcia is ducking Lucas, Floyd ducked Pac, prime Cotto, Margarito etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
      Making excuses?????? I choose not to cry and say a fighter is ducking if a fight doesn't happen right away. You got people saying that Garcia is ducking Matthysse already. Personally, I'd rather sit back and wait and see what happens before jumping to conclusions. What do the people who said Donaire was ducking Rigo have to say now?
      Yes, saying "boxing is a business first" is an excuse for not making great fights that should happen. Garcia-Lucas is a fight that should happen now, nothing is stopping this fight from happening except Garcia and golden boy

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        arum offered floyd 7 million to fight cotto when cotto was still at 140 and floyd's career high was 5 million. instead floyd wanted 10 million? the same amount he got to fight delahoya to fight 140 pound cotto? this is called ducking. cotto lives too far away....
        Anyone who thinks Arum offers "fair" amounts, are just ignorant to the fact he's a crook like King. I don't blame Floyd for asking for 3 million more. Arum would have made that extra 3 mil and would have kept it.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          Yes, saying "boxing is a business first" is an excuse for not making great fights that should happen. Garcia-Lucas is a fight that should happen now, nothing is stopping this fight from happening except Garcia and golden boy
          Its not an excuse, its just how it is now days. Its called greed.

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
            Anyone who thinks Arum offers "fair" amounts, are just ignorant to the fact he's a crook like King. I don't blame Floyd for asking for 3 million more. Arum would have made that extra 3 mil and would have kept it.
            so you think 140 pound cotto was on the same level as oscar. got it. a very reasonable position. you and floyd are right. everyone else wrong.

Comment

floyd would rather make 7.25 mill against baldomir than 8 mill against margarito. floyd isn't very good at math!

Comment

Its a smear campaign against people they dont like. You see it in everything these days. College football message boards are the worst but its in politics and boxing as well. SEC fans are worse than ******* Nation 3 yrs ago and thats hard to do. So ducking is a way to discredit boxers they dont like.

Comment

People seem to love to say fighters are ducking each other. "Garcia is ducking Matthysse." "Donaire is ducking Rigo." "Floyd is ducking (insert fighter)." Some fights take time to materialise. Sure some fights never happen but that doesn't mean that fights don't come off because a fighter is "ducking". Boxing is a business first and fighters as well as promoters are looking to maximize profits. At times it can really suck for the fans, but that's just the nature of boxing. I doubt there are many fighters who are scared of each other.
                  Most people would give Donaire and Garcia the benefit of the doubt at this point in their career as they haven't really ducked anyone. People are just naming the fight they want to see and hope it happens. That is, its not like the fighter has consistently by-passed opponents where boxing fans thought the opponent would be a tough opponent for them.

Even Floyd. I gave him the benefit of the doubt on several occasions early on. Its just that he consistently finds a way to get out of fighting opponents that he should have fought. After a while, one has to realize that Floyd is at fault for ruining the possibility of a great resume as Floyd has much more control of his destiny than most other fighters.

Tell me, who doesn't want to fight Floyd? and please don't answer with someone who was still trying to gain experience or wasn't ready ....
                  I can't think of anyone so that must mean that its Floyd that doesn't want to fight them!

I can't say whether Floyd is scared of anyone or not but I do believe that he avoids high risk fighters as they can ruin his precious "0" losses. He has also stated that he thinks about "health first". So he would also avoid fighters due to that reason.

Comment

Boxing is a business first and fighters as well as promoters are looking to maximize profits. At times it can really suck for the fans, but that's just the nature of boxing. I doubt there are many fighters who are scared of each other.
                    For Floyd, Manny would have made him more than double any other fighter. So that logic is flawed Therefore, people see Floyd as a fighter who is OK with ducking a fighter. Same with Margarito. He was going to make his biggest pay to date back then. Floyd said no to that money.
                    Last edited by ADP02; 02-02-2013, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                      For Floyd, Manny would have made him more than double any other fighter. So that logic is flawed Therefore, people see Floyd as a fighter who is OK with ducking a fighter. Same with Margarito. He was going to make his biggest pay to date back then. Floyd said no to that money.
                      How is it flawed. In the same situation you and I would do the same thing. You work at a job and make 20 dollars an hour. You wouldnt quit and go do the same job for 10 or even 15 dollars an hour would you? You absolutely wouldnt. Its Floyds job to make the biggest fight possible and thats what he tries to do. Yet you exspect Floyd to do so. Just because you think a certain fighter poses a threat to Floyd doesnt mean hes ducking said fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X