Will Broner avoid the top people at 140 and 147 like Floyd did as he moves up?

Collapse
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • The Hammer
    Banned
    Franchise Champion - 20,000+ posts
    • Dec 2007
    • 50797
    • 3,416
    • 8,704
    • 58,851

    #61
    Scott Gilfoid isn't a reliable source of information.

    You should know that, Larry.

    Comment

    • Larry the boss
      EDUCATED
      Franchise Champion - 20,000+ posts
      • Jan 2011
      • 90798
      • 6,419
      • 4,473
      • 2,500,480

      #62
      And Broner wouldnt fight Burns in the UK?? REALLY??



      Broner claims he offered Burns world title fight in London... with just TWO days notice
      By MARTIN DOMIN
      PUBLISHED: 09:27 EST, 13 December 2012 | UPDATED: 09:37 EST, 13 December 2012
      Comments (0)
      Share

      American world champion Adrien Broner has sensationally challenged Ricky Burns to a unification clash at just TWO days notice.
      Burns was due to defend his WBO lightweight title against first Liam Walsh and then Jorge Ocampo but both pulled out, leaving the Scot without an opponent for Saturday's show at the Excel in London.

      Ready to rumble: Adrien Broner claims he wanted to fight Ricky Burns with just two days notice
      But Broner, who won the WBC belt against Antonio DeMarco last month and is regarded by many as boxing's successor to Floyd Mayweather Jnr, claims he would fly to London to take on the Scot.
      'I found out, Burns doesn't have an opponent so I told them: "Fly me out today, I will make weight and I will beat that guy",' he told ES News.
      Broner previously replaced Burns as the WBO super-featherweight champion before failing to make weight for his defence against Vicente Escobedo in July.
      The 23-year-old has long claimed that Burns vacated rather than face the rising star of American boxing but Burns insists he gave up the title as he could no longer comfortably make the weight.
      He subsequently won the interim version of his current belt by beating Michael Katsidis at Wembley Arena last November before successful defences against Paulus Moses and British rival Kevin Mitchell.
      Burns' original opponent for his third defence, unbeaten Walsh, was ruled out after being involved in a car crash before Filipino southpaw Ocampo withdrew at the last minute over contractual issues.
      Burns turned down a 10-round exhibition bout and is instead expected to return to action on January 26 in Glasgow while Broner is being lined up to co-feature alongside Johnathan Banks' rematch with Seth Mitchell the following month.

      Without an opponent: Ricky Burns was due to headline Saturday's bill in London
      But, assuming the American does not make the unlikely last-minute dash across the Atlantic, Burns could meet Broner as early as February, according to Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer.
      'I am trying to do the Burns fight [with Broner,]' he told ESPN. '[I'll be] talking again with [Burns' promoter] Frank Warren. I am going to try and convince him to go directly to Broner for February 16.'
      Burns' trainer Billy Nelson meanwhile believes Burns would relish the chance to unify the division.
      'If a unification fight can be made up at lightweight, we’d snap their hands off,' he said last month. 'That’s the fight we want, trust me. Broner has an act but acts don’t hurt you. Words don’t hurt you.
      'Punches hurt you, as Broner will discover if ever he gets inside a ring with Ricky. Whatever happens, I don’t think we’ll be watching anything Ricky will lose sleep over. Neither could cope with his range, speed or body shots.
      'He’ll get the fright of his life when he sees the size of Ricky then has to cope with his industry, speed and strength


      Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/box...#ixzz2Jc2M1ynA
      Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

      Comment

      • Larry the boss
        EDUCATED
        Franchise Champion - 20,000+ posts
        • Jan 2011
        • 90798
        • 6,419
        • 4,473
        • 2,500,480

        #63
        Originally posted by Freedom.
        Scott Gilfoid isn't a reliable source of information.

        You should know that, Larry.
        SO NOW ring magazine is not reliable??

        Comment

        • B.U.R.N.E.R
          ~NSB Legend 2005-2015~
          Franchise Champion - 20,000+ posts
          • Feb 2010
          • 30197
          • 1,346
          • 400
          • 47,475

          #64
          Originally posted by Freedom.
          Okay.

          But Vasquez wanted to fight Broner, and was turned down. So he's going over to the UK to fight Ricky Burns...

          Props to Vasquez! Broner would never be man enough to fight Burns in the UK.
          Show me where Broner or his team turned down a Vazquez offer this year. Wheres the link?

          Burns wasn't man enough to fight Broner anywhere remember? Of course you conveniently failed to mention it. Why would he be scared to fight him in the UK? The hell Tunney come on let this agenda go this is ****ing pathetic. From Andre Ward to Broner goodness.

          Comment

          • Larry the boss
            EDUCATED
            Franchise Champion - 20,000+ posts
            • Jan 2011
            • 90798
            • 6,419
            • 4,473
            • 2,500,480

            #65

            Comment

            • Derranged
              Banned
              Franchise Champion - 20,000+ posts
              • Oct 2005
              • 46593
              • 2,126
              • 1,350
              • 162,628

              #66
              He'll avoid slick Chinamen, that's for sure.

              Comment

              • B.U.R.N.E.R
                ~NSB Legend 2005-2015~
                Franchise Champion - 20,000+ posts
                • Feb 2010
                • 30197
                • 1,346
                • 400
                • 47,475

                #67
                Originally posted by Ashy Larryx
                And Broner wouldnt fight Burns in the UK?? REALLY??



                Broner claims he offered Burns world title fight in London... with just TWO days notice
                By MARTIN DOMIN
                PUBLISHED: 09:27 EST, 13 December 2012 | UPDATED: 09:37 EST, 13 December 2012
                Comments (0)
                Share

                American world champion Adrien Broner has sensationally challenged Ricky Burns to a unification clash at just TWO days notice.
                Burns was due to defend his WBO lightweight title against first Liam Walsh and then Jorge Ocampo but both pulled out, leaving the Scot without an opponent for Saturday's show at the Excel in London.

                Ready to rumble: Adrien Broner claims he wanted to fight Ricky Burns with just two days notice
                But Broner, who won the WBC belt against Antonio DeMarco last month and is regarded by many as boxing's successor to Floyd Mayweather Jnr, claims he would fly to London to take on the Scot.
                'I found out, Burns doesn't have an opponent so I told them: "Fly me out today, I will make weight and I will beat that guy",' he told ES News.
                Broner previously replaced Burns as the WBO super-featherweight champion before failing to make weight for his defence against Vicente Escobedo in July.
                The 23-year-old has long claimed that Burns vacated rather than face the rising star of American boxing but Burns insists he gave up the title as he could no longer comfortably make the weight.
                He subsequently won the interim version of his current belt by beating Michael Katsidis at Wembley Arena last November before successful defences against Paulus Moses and British rival Kevin Mitchell.
                Burns' original opponent for his third defence, unbeaten Walsh, was ruled out after being involved in a car crash before Filipino southpaw Ocampo withdrew at the last minute over contractual issues.
                Burns turned down a 10-round exhibition bout and is instead expected to return to action on January 26 in Glasgow while Broner is being lined up to co-feature alongside Johnathan Banks' rematch with Seth Mitchell the following month.

                Without an opponent: Ricky Burns was due to headline Saturday's bill in London
                But, assuming the American does not make the unlikely last-minute dash across the Atlantic, Burns could meet Broner as early as February, according to Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer.
                'I am trying to do the Burns fight [with Broner,]' he told ESPN. '[I'll be] talking again with [Burns' promoter] Frank Warren. I am going to try and convince him to go directly to Broner for February 16.'
                Burns' trainer Billy Nelson meanwhile believes Burns would relish the chance to unify the division.
                'If a unification fight can be made up at lightweight, we’d snap their hands off,' he said last month. 'That’s the fight we want, trust me. Broner has an act but acts don’t hurt you. Words don’t hurt you.
                'Punches hurt you, as Broner will discover if ever he gets inside a ring with Ricky. Whatever happens, I don’t think we’ll be watching anything Ricky will lose sleep over. Neither could cope with his range, speed or body shots.
                'He’ll get the fright of his life when he sees the size of Ricky then has to cope with his industry, speed and strength


                Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/box...#ixzz2Jc2M1ynA
                Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook


                ****in ether. People just want to hate for the hell of it.

                Comment

                • thuggery
                  proper rock slanga'
                  Unified Champion - 10,00-20,000 posts
                  • Jan 2012
                  • 10309
                  • 717
                  • 1,342
                  • 18,054

                  #68
                  Broner already ducked Vazquez and lost to Ponce.

                  Comment

                  • The_Golden_Goy
                    Interim Champion
                    • Mar 2011
                    • 963
                    • 43
                    • 63
                    • 7,164

                    #69
                    we can't just assume that Broner will take the same path as Floyd in regards to skipping the lineal title at 140. Broner is as good, if not better, than the 140lb guys so it'd be a massive ***** move if he did. But we'll hav to wait and see

                    Comment

                    • The_Golden_Goy
                      Interim Champion
                      • Mar 2011
                      • 963
                      • 43
                      • 63
                      • 7,164

                      #70
                      Originally posted by Ashy Larryx
                      SO NOW ring magazine is not reliable??
                      and Scott Gilfoid is the worst boxing writer in the history of language

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      TOP