No announcement yet.

Broner just fights smaller guys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The hate this guy gets just goes to show how much he's captivating people

If he makes the weight, it doesnt make a single bit of difference, just like Nonito Donaire or whoever else

Broner is a seriously talented kid and when he's not trying too hard in front of a camera he's actually pretty likeable too. He needs to just be himself and let his fighting talk, he's got it all but still has a long way to go until he's proven himself, but I'm interested in following how things unfold for the kid and good luck to him, boxing needs more like him

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Haynes View Post
      I didn't like Broner's style until he dismantled DeMarco....

That fight showed me that this KID (only 23? respect that) is getting better each fight, perfecting his style. He's getting braver and braver and it's really cool to watch.

He's a fighter that I feel will be able to recover from a loss
      (unlike Mayweather) and will do some damage at 140....the only one I see giving him problems is Khan because he's 5'10" and fast. The rest of them are Broner's height and Broner is stronger than you guys wanna give him credit for.

I admit I was hating on Broner also but this kid is gonna live up to his nickname for the next few years.
      A man with a brain. Good to see there are posters like you out there.

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
        The hate this guy gets just goes to show how much he's captivating people

If he makes the weight, it doesnt make a single bit of difference, just like Nonito Donaire or whoever else

Broner is a seriously talented kid and when he's not trying too hard in front of a camera he's actually pretty likeable too. He needs to just be himself and let his fighting talk, he's got it all but still has a long way to go until he's proven himself, but I'm interested in following how things unfold for the kid and good luck to him, boxing needs more like him
        What's so hard to believe that that's not him? Yes, he plays up to the camera, but that's in his personality to do that. He's 23, you don't think he goofs around when the cameras are off? "If he makes the weight, it doesn't make a single bit of difference" That doesn't make any sense. This is boxing and there are rules. He's fighting within the rules and that's all there is to it.

Comment

Same MO as Donaire!

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
            What's so hard to believe that that's not him? Yes, he plays up to the camera, but that's in his personality to do that. He's 23, you don't think he goofs around when the cameras are off? "If he makes the weight, it doesn't make a single bit of difference" That doesn't make any sense. This is boxing and there are rules. He's fighting within the rules and that's all there is to it.
            Broner is still all hype, let's wait until he fights someone decent and his size. Right now he's being groomed by the big wigs to be the next cash cow of boxing. You know what that means, safe fights against tailored made opponents

Comment

"If he makes the weight, it doesn't make a single bit of difference" That doesn't make any sense. This is boxing and there are rules. He's fighting within the rules and that's all there is to it.
              What are you talking about? Read what I wrote and you have just repeated it

Comment

Originally posted by mesher View Post
                Broner is still all hype, let's wait until he fights someone decent and his size. Right now he's being groomed by the big wigs to be the next cash cow of boxing. You know what that means, safe fights against tailored made opponents
                What does that have to do with what I wrote? I already know what your opinion is of him. You can't stand him. lol

Comment

Broner & Mayweather type of fighters don't have a big fan base so they have to go out of their way to act like fools in front of the camera so that people will watch them. They gotta use the work Mexican and wear the Mexican colors to get attention. Mayweather is a smart guy, he gets Mexican fighter like Canelo on his under cards and he takes all the credit for all the PPV sells. I actually became a Mayweather fan myself!

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
                    What are you talking about? Read what I wrote and you have just repeated it
                    Ok my bad. I thought you meant that in a different way.

Comment

What does that have to do with what I wrote? I already know what your opinion is of him. You can't stand him. lol
                      I like him as a fighter actually...

I just don't like the acknowledgement he gets for what he's done, which in reality is not much.

Comment

Working...
                      X