No announcement yet.

Tyson Fury vs. Steve Cunningham

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by King- View Post
    Wow, I was not expecting this. Man, I would love for Cunnigham to win this, he's such a good guy.. But there's absolutely NO chance Steve wins this. Fury is way too big. I'm not even going to sugar coat this by saying he could tire him out, be too slick for Fury, etc etc.... He has no chance whatsoever, IMO.

Steve really needs to move back to CW if he wants to keep on fighting. Fighting guys like Fury, Glazkov, Magomed is going to put Steve in the hospital, seriously. I think he gets hurt badly in this fight.

He's just not a heavyweight, plain and simple.

Good luck to both men. Steve please go down to CW, tons of good fights to be made. Huck, Lebedev... Hell, Hernandez
    When the H did glazkov get put in the conversation with top heavyweights?? He's not on the top tier, turd hamer quit against him. That's his only claim to fame.

Comment

Fury wins either a very wide decision or stops Cunningham, i'll go with the latter.

Comment

Fury is too big & too strong.

I think Cunningham will make things interesting for the first 4 rounds or so...then Tyson's size and workrate will start to wear Steve down.

Fury by late TKO.

Comment

Originally posted by kokingbill View Post
          When the H did glazkov get put in the conversation with top heavyweights?? He's not on the top tier, turd hamer quit against him. That's his only claim to fame.
          Dominant wins over Bakhtov and Airich aren't bad either.

Comment

Originally posted by kokingbill View Post
            Bakhtov, Oloukun, Airich, Hamer has his resume on par with Fury's and better than Price or Mago. Pulev is the only prospect whose resume is clearly better in spite of Glazkov only having 14 fights.

Comment

I like Steve, we had him in training camp. The boy is fast but he can get hit. His only chance is to fight like he did against Adamek. He MUST pop, pop and move. If he stands in front of Tyson, he wont win. Its not that Tyson has 1 punch power, but over time he would wear Steve down.....

Steve must move so that Tyson cant really set his feet causing him to reach thus open for quick counters

IF and thats a big IF Steve has the right game plan and STICKS TO IT, he could pull out the win.... I just dont trust he will win if it goes to the score cards

Comment

Originally posted by boxingchef View Post
                I like Steve, we had him in training camp. The boy is fast but he can get hit. His only chance is to fight like he did against Adamek. He MUST pop, pop and move. If he stands in front of Tyson, he wont win. Its not that Tyson has 1 punch power, but over time he would wear Steve down.....

Steve must move so that Tyson cant really set his feet causing him to reach thus open for quick counters

IF and thats a big IF Steve has the right game plan and STICKS TO IT, he could pull out the win.... I just dont trust he will win if it goes to the score cards
                The strategy you describe is right on i just don't see him being able to pull it off against Fury. He won't have the significant reach advantage he enjoyed against Adamek, Fury is suprisingly mobile, very good combinations, and high workrate. It all spells trouble for Steve.

Tyson don't have one punch power but Steve had a below average chin at CW so Fury's mediocre power may be more than enough for USS.

Comment

Still can't imagine Cunningham winning.

It might be different if Fury was fairly statuesque but he isn't - he is mobile. Due to the size difference Cunningham would have to be twice the fighter to pull it off.

Even if Cunningham was outboxing him, Fury could probably just turn 6'9 pressure fighter and take rounds just like he did against Del Boy.

Comment

Rooting for Cunningham, but I guess the size difference is too big.

Tyson Fury, probably by stoppage.

Comment

Cunninham has better boxing skills he could win by a decision, but the thing is he's too small for HW imo.He could potentially get KOed.
                      Last edited by Cuban Linx; 04-07-2013, 01:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X