No announcement yet.

Yuriorkis Gamboa named tied to PED drug bust

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
    ..... Yes it is still cheating. Muscle growth, fat burning and harder training would still exist.
    That's true if they're still juicing during training camp, but what if they stop like say, 3 months before the fight? They're clean when they train and fight.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC
      None of this comes an any surprise to me. I've been saying it all along: no one is beyond su****ion. Steroids and other PEDS are far more widespread in pro sports than many want to believe. Just because your favorite athlete hasn't been caught, doesn't mean he's not using. It's a scourge.
      At this point, even chess players are dirty. Smh

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
        I'm still waiting for someone to ask Floyd about the supposed three failed tests to gauge his reaction. Nothing new on those allegations.
        His reaction when asked about TRT was eye-opening. I don't expect him to flinch at the three failed tests thing though.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry
          Quote:

Originally Posted by 1PunchKOPOW!

Gamboa never trained with Steward mah dude and he's talking about A-Rod.

Yes he did bruh....
          No he didnt. Steward said it himself. Check your sources.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            Damn just like Mosley and Balco. And one of my favorite fighters too.

But here's the thing : if he's juicing between fights but has no illegal substance in his system when he fights, is that still cheating? Mosley took something specifically for the Oscar fight.

Probably got the years mixed up, doesn't mean Gamboa is cleared lol.
            Originally posted by FeFist View Post
            ..... Yes it is still cheating. Muscle growth, fat burning and harder training would still exist.
            An athlete benefits from PED usage for some time after stopping. The gains can't be retained indefinitely, but they linger.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
              Because nothing came of it....the guy who started that, Montoya, started that rumor by saying he knew someone he knew someone else that knew Floyd failed 3 tests. There wasn't a shred of evidence.
              To further complicate that, they indirectly allege that USADA didn't report the positive each time. And instead reported it as negative. The same organization that goes to major lengths to bring down a white high profile athlete like Lance Armstrong.

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
                No he didnt. Steward said it himself. Check your sources.

Well he hired Steward to work his corner, and Steward is listed as one of Gamboa's trainers.

Comment

Not surprising. No one is surprising.

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
                    To further complicate that, they indirectly allege that USADA didn't report the positive each time. And instead reported it as negative. The same organization that goes to major lengths to bring down a white high profile athlete like Lance Armstrong.
                    You're gonna make it racial now?

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                      You're gonna make it racial now?
                      Yeah I'm not sure why he felt the need to bring up his race, that was odd.

Comment

Working...
                      X