Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yuriorkis Gamboa named tied to PED drug bust

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn just like Mosley and Balco. And one of my favorite fighters too.

But here's the thing : if he's juicing between fights but has no illegal substance in his system when he fights, is that still cheating? Mosley took something specifically for the Oscar fight.

Originally posted by chy View Post
    (The fight against Rios was later canceled, but Gamboa won two other fights by TKO and KO that January and February.)

Well at least i know that part aint true
    Probably got the years mixed up, doesn't mean Gamboa is cleared lol.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
      How can that be? Lampley did a show on PEDs and used Marquez as a backdrop.
      Nah, he did a whole show to discredit Marquez's win to salvage and protect one of their biggest invevtments and money makers.

just like when Ward ran through everyone and even destroyed Dawson. While he was working with Conte..... Who's athletes are still failing drug test.
      Yet Lampley never mentioned it. Why ? Because Ward is one of their new investments .

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
        Vegan's get protein sources from tofu, almonds and other nuts, avocado, beans, grains etc. You can get all f your required proteins and good fats from non meat sources, though personally i am a carnivore and can't go more than 2 days without some type of meat.
        Ehh...I don't know. Bradley's wound up a little too tight for me, muscle wise. Breaking ligaments and **** while fighting smh. And that head that went bald at 25. I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
          50 cent spends several millions buying out Gamboa's contract. At first this looked like a big loss for Bob Arum but months down the line Gamboa had to fight on a Top Rank undercard meaning Bob Arum was still able to profit of his name/services.

Now with this scandal his marketability/stock has diminished.
          True, this will definitely hurt him if they connect the dots.

Comment

Just let everyone juice at this point. This is sports in the 21st century. There will never be a 100% guarantee athletes are not doping because as long as there's money involved, who's to say tests can't be tampered with on both ends? It's not like the USADA or WADA are working for UNICEF.

The way I see it, I wouldn't be surprised even if Steve Smoger is doping.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
              cmon bro, those are very limited protein sources. There's nut much protein in those foods. We're talking about an elite athlete here with a lot of muscle.

Actually they do. Not as much as meat, but you just need to eat more. Though Vegans tend to combine them if you've noticed. They will eat something like Quinoa with Tofu, avocado and raw cashews as a salad.

I also forgot to mention Kale, which everybody (even meat eaters) should try to eat a bit. It actually has omega 3, calcium, vit C, B6, vit A, vit K, potassium, manganese.

Though i agree with you in my belief that nothing beats meat, especially fish (tuna or salmon). You get the amino, omega 3 and heaps of protein.

Comment

The problem is this.....say it's present day with present testing, the PED's and ways to beat the tests are probably 5-10 years ahead of the tests themselves. When they finally get to the point, 5-10 years later, when they have the right testing to catch these guys....it's 5-10 years later and the drugs and ways to pass the tests evolve once again, and you'll have guys cheating still.

Just look at Rodriguez. He was caught in 2003 with those baseball tests that were suppose to be private. Baseball implemented a system to catch everyone and Rodriguez still got away with it for another....8-9 years since 2003.

Comment

None of this comes an any surprise to me. I've been saying it all along: no one is beyond su****ion. Steroids and other PEDS are far more widespread in pro sports than many want to believe. Just because your favorite athlete hasn't been caught, doesn't mean he's not using. It's a scourge.

Comment

In all seriousness what do people expect? I think people are deluding themselves when they assume a top athlete in a sport where the day is all that matters is clean. For anyone that has competed in athletic sport you'll realise that there can be difficulty recovering from training, knocks picked up, lack of drive etc. when you're not playing for money those things don't happen but when millions are on the line do you really think the average man would rely on everything working out on its own?

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      Ehh...I don't know. Bradley's wound up a little too tight for me, muscle wise. Breaking ligaments and **** while fighting smh. And that head that went bald at 25. I don't know.

haha. i'm not advocating for him, or even arguing he isn't. Just pointing out Vegans can get enough protein.

Comment

Working...
                      X