No announcement yet.

Yuriorkis Gamboa named tied to PED drug bust

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    Exactly. But instead we have guys who roid getting passes. Berto gets a shot at a top fighter and a million dollars 6 months after getting caught with roids. People are very accepting of it now. And nothing will probably happen to Gamboa either

Whats the worst that can happen when you roid in boxing? 6 months suspension? Most guys fight every 6 months anyway. Steroids are accepted in boxing
    Best post in thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      No, go ahead thats what a forum is for. I just dont understand why you would justify such things. If this was a fighter you didnt like, you wouldnt take the same stance, you'd be ****ting on him like you should
      You're making a huge assumption there, buddy.

I've been a baseball fan as long as I've been a boxing fan. Baseball has been the poster-boy sport for steroids for many years. Boxing, ironically enough, has only recently come under the microscope. I've been musing for years that maybe they should just legalize all banned substances and level the playing field. Testing doesn't work. A few token scapegoats are tossed out there for media consumption, while the vast majority of abusers get away and continue to be viewed as "sportsmen."

When the first steroid cheats where outed in baseball, I felt a level of outrage. But once it became clear that it's practically the norm, not just in baseball, but in all professional sports, my stance softened towards the abusers. The last I checked, that included all abusers, not just Cubans.

Comment

• Originally posted by maniac310 View Post
        how can you be juicing and still duck fighters like rios?

But anyway if he was on ped's i wouldn't be surprised.. It seems like most big named successful boxers are using them, or are suspected of using them. Pacquiao, mayweather, berto, peterson, morales, nonito, ward, tarver etc

i wouldn't be surprised if they're all juicing
        jmm...........

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
          jmm...........
          What's so questionable about a 39 year old man, whose been unable to even knock down his solid-chinned nemesis in three previous encounters, doing it twice in one fight, the second time for good? I don't see anything suspicious there.

Comment

• Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
            The discrepancy in the notebook makes me skeptical......

The years are off by quite a lot

Comment

• Why the hell are people surprised.

My uncle was HOS For Lennox Lewis and he said Lewis will get tested in England and in America 4-5 tests prior to every fight BUT the fighters he fought that include:

Morrison
              Holyfield
              Biggs

etc

were never officially tested. Evander will give out test results and Lennox's team will call the clinics and departments and they said Holyfield just went into a room with 3-4 of his friends and came out 3 minutes later to sign a sheet.

Comment

• Gamboa wasn't that great of a fighter to begin with.

Comment

• Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                  Somewhere Bob Arum is smiling.
                  I don't think so. I don't think he or anyone would be happy about an event that taints the sport they love or make money from. Also, I think Top Rank has a strong interest in continuing to conduct business with Gamboa. If anyone's smiling, I'd wager it's De La Hoya after he and 50 had their little twitter battle. But again, it's not a good look for the sport as a whole.

Comment

• As a Gamboa fan and a Yankees Fan i hope this Mickey mouse list the guy came out of nowhere with is bs someone should Throw Arod in the hudson if he's still Roiding why does he suck so much ass overpaid fk.

Comment

• Originally posted by MJ223
                      Quote:

Originally Posted by MJ223

The discrepancy in the notebook makes me skeptical......

The years are off by quite a lot

I am very skeptical of this report myself. Especially the Gamboa part... And I'm not trying to defend Gamboa either. Cause I said to me he's guilty till proven otherwise.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X