No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lamont Peterson Signs with Golden Boy Promotions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
    I would give Peterson a good shot at beating Matt's..Matt's is not unbeatable despite how big his legend is growing...
    I agree with you Rome. You would have thought Duran was reincarnated into Lucas the way he is being talked about. I think Lamont can beat Lucas on the inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
      I agree with you Rome. You would have thought Duran was reincarnated into Lucas the way he is being talked about. I think Lamont can beat Lucas on the inside.
      Great minds think alike bro...

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
        I would give Peterson a good shot at beating Matt's..Matt's is not unbeatable despite how big his legend is growing...
        He would have a good shot. I'd pick Matthysse, mainly because of Peterson's susceptibility to early knockdowns. He'd probably end up having to work his way out of an early scoring hole, which would be hard to do.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          He would have a good shot. I'd pick Matthysse, mainly because of Peterson's susceptibility to early knockdowns. He'd probably end up having to work his way out of an early scoring hole, which would be hard to do.
          That's a good point,with Matt's power it's not out of the question an early kd happens...But with Peterson's body attack and boxing ability I could really see Peterson causing Matt's a lot of problems...

Comment

Originally posted by Zyzz View Post
            lol you obviously have no clue about the business of boxing... golden boy practically has a lock on the 140-147 lbs, not to mention the best fighter at 135lbs and canelo as well at 154 lb.....

the main reason why rios has to fight alvarado again is because all the good fighters are with golden boy, the main reason why bradley is sitting on the shelf is cause the 147 lb div is at golden boy..... Arum is at a point where he's choosing either between his pride.. or making a fight

im not sure who's in charge of signings with top rank but they have obviously dropped the ball big time, schaefer is genius with how much control he's gotten of those divisoins
            GBP just signed a cheater. They're about to give this m'fer a pay day, when he lied and tried to be slick about cheating. What happened to being an advocate for the sport? Morales was caught, they didn't do **** about it. What's the point of pre-fight tests, when you don't do **** about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee Keepz View Post
              GBP just signed a cheater. They're about to give this m'fer a pay day, when he lied and tried to be slick about cheating. What happened to being an advocate for the sport? Morales was caught, they didn't do **** about it. What's the point of pre-fight tests, when you don't do **** about it.
              So what do you want them to do? Ban him for life.

He's had no income since December 2011, he's fighting for $37,500 in February and his reputation is ruined. How much more punishment do you want to give the guy?

Comment

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
                Wtf this is a shock? I thought team Peterson weren't happy with the way GBP threw them under the bus after the failed test and how bob arum was good to them?
                I'm with you, MM. First thing that I thought was there was a STRONG dislike, from both parties, of each other. It does seem a bit strange, especially after how ugly the whole Khan/Peterson debacle got. I wouldn't be surprised at all if a rematch with Khan, in the UK, was included as a condition of the deal.

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                I think we're the only two who admit Peterson is any good around here.
                Peterson is damn good, and IMO has a very good chance against either Garcia or LM. A lot more then some of their previous opponents, for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                  So what do you want them to do? Ban him for life.

He's had no income since December 2011, he's fighting for $37,500 in February and his reputation is ruined. How much more punishment do you want to give the guy?
                  You don"t see the conflict, GBP has been preaching about clean fights and then turn around and sign a drug cheat.

It's nobodies fault but his own. He lied and caught got, his Dec over Khan should be a NC and be stripped of his title.

This is DEFINITELY not the way I see an "anti-doping advocate" do his business.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee Keepz View Post
                    You don"t see the conflict, GBP has been preaching about clean fights and then turn around and sign a drug cheat.

It's nobodies fault but his own. He lied and caught got, his Dec over Khan should be a NC and be stripped of his title.

This is DEFINITELY not the way I see an "anti-doping advocate" do his business.
                    lol shut yo ass up and quit *****ing

Comment

Oh yea GB is reeeeally interested in cleaning up the sport aren't they?

This is a f****ing travesty. Absolutely disgraceful. Where is Floyd? Why is he silent right now when his best friends are signing criminal cheats?

This sport needs to die, to be reborn. And screw GB.

Comment

Working...
                      X