No announcement yet.

Facts About Cubans in Professional Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
    I've been saying this for a while.......if Cuba was getting welfare like PR gets off the US, it would be PR/Mex vs Cuba. I like Cuban boxers a lot but I can see where they're coming from with them saying some of them being grown men picking on little kids. Either way a lot of them are very skillful and can fight regardless whether toe to toe or just box. Some Cuban fans have gone a bit fanatical on here but every other flag does it as well.
    Damn, you went full ****** in that one. Cuba being a Democratic Republic will be enough. Dominicans who are a poor country develop a lot of baseball players and they can showcase their ability not because they get welfare from the US.

CubanGuy - tu eres mejor que eso, no caigas en las trampas de los ignorantes que todo es por nacionalidad. El mama pinga ese, (no es dirigido a ti, Srta Fantastica) le gusta hablar mierda y hacer el ridiculo.

Comment

jajaja cubannyc owned bosshogg like a drunk mexican in a garage owns brando rios

Comment

Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
        Damn, you went full ****** in that one. Cuba being a Democratic Republic will be enough. Dominicans who are a poor country develop a lot of baseball players and they can showcase their ability not because they get welfare from the US.

CubanGuy - tu eres mejor que eso, no caigas en las trampas de los ignorantes que todo es por nacionalidad. El mama pinga ese, (no es dirigido a ti, Srta Fantastica) le gusta hablar mierda y hacer el ridiculo.
        Why cause I said something that's the truth?
        No it's not enough. Dominicans don't live with the restrictions that Cubans do. Sorry I hurt your feelings but it's my opinion.

Pinche pendejo I'm giving Cubans some props. Ni sabes lo que hablas idiota.

Comment

Quality over Quantity i get it lol it is sad tho so few have even the chance to break out of their slave prison. Imagine what they could accomplish on an even playing field, if with just a very small group, to accomplish world stage so regularly when it takes others thousands of guys to achieve . Because Cuba does have a very strong boxing culture but no chance of showcasing it at a world stage other than the amateurs.

The fact that Cuban boxers are Competing at such high level in the pros in boxing still amazes me. And when people talk shit about them being old. It sickens me it's not easy for a 18 year old whos only dream he has that he has been told to have is achieve olympic gold to just say" fk it fk my family im gone ill get on a rubber tube and if i by some miracle make it alive ill try to turn pro"

Comment

I noticed the hate for Cuban boxers from Mexicans fans lately, what's up with that, when did this hatred started? Because Abril beat Rios, and Gamboa beat Ponce De Leon? That's the only reason I can think of.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              I noticed the hate for Cuban boxers from Mexicans fans lately, what's up with that, when did this hatred started? Because Abril beat Rios, and Gamboa beat Ponce De Leon? That's the only reason I can think of.
              i don't hate them

but there fanatical post's have rubbed me the wrong way lately

Comment

Hello my friend...hope you are doing good...
                Bro..most of those cuban fighters are old more than 75 % of the ones listed in boxrec are older than 30..that leave little room for future but we have some good guys coming out soon..in the whole boxrec I found like 5 who are less than 24..even yoelbis Gamboa and sulivan barrera have 26 and 30 and I thought they were kids..only Socarras(19), Santana(24) Rances(26) and pedro Rodriguez (26) have some time for improvement...anyways..if you look at the win/loss ratio is so hight in wins..even in unknow fighters..somebody mention that this is because the ones who know that they know how to fight are the onlyones who risk but this is not like that...we had so much champion material there..so many ATG material who never go pro...do you imagine if the late 90's generation would have come over here...they were so many and so skillful.....Lorenzo Aragon, Arnaldo Mesa, Teofilo Stevenson, Enrique Carrion, Ariel Hernandez, Mario Kindelan, Felix Savon, Roberto Balado, Jorge Gutierrez, Maikro Romero, Daniel Regalado, Martinez fiz, Orlando Duvergel...and many more...somebody need to bring here Robeisis and Iglecias now that they still very young and they both olympic champ alredy and they are less than 20 years old...

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cuban View Post
                  Hello my friend...hope you are doing good...
                  Bro..most of those cuban fighters are old more than 75 % of the ones listed in boxrec are older than 30..that leave little room for future but we have some good guys coming out soon..in the whole boxrec I found like 5 who are less than 24..even yoelbis Gamboa and sulivan barrera have 26 and 30 and I thought they were kids..only Socarras(19), Santana(24) Rances(26) and pedro Rodriguez (26) have some time for improvement...anyways..if you look at the win/loss ratio is so hight in wins..even in unknow fighters..somebody mention that this is because the ones who know that they know how to fight are the onlyones who risk but this is not like that...we had so much champion material there..so many ATG material who never go pro...do you imagine if the late 90's generation would have come over here...they were so many and so skillful.....Lorenzo Aragon, Arnaldo Mesa, Teofilo Stevenson, Enrique Carrion, Ariel Hernandez, Mario Kindelan, Felix Savon, Roberto Balado, Jorge Gutierrez, Maikro Romero, Daniel Regalado, Martinez fiz, Orlando Duvergel...and many more...somebody need to bring here Robeisis and Iglecias now that they still very young and they both olympic champ alredy and they are less than 20 years old...
                  I would pay that kid's ticket to GTFO just to see him fight in the pros if it only was that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    I understand were the hate is coming from..and I have to admit that it have some base since for example I watched maybe like 65-70 Rigondeaux fights against the likes of Abner Mares, Gamboa, Franco, Argenis Mendez and we believe that he is something special cuz we see him so many times outbox great fighters that we believe in his superb boxing abilities but most ppl only saw him 4 -5 fights and it's natural that we get different opinions so ppl believe that we hype our fighters cuz we rush them to the title fights and they ar also right but they had so much experience..notice that most of then have 400 amateur fights and belive me tournaments in cuba are very tough and hight skill level competitions...peace

Comment

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
                      I would pay that kid's ticket to GTFO just to see him fight in the pros if it only was that simple.
                      Me too man...and I won't want nothing back from him..Roniel Iglecias is also very skilled and incredible fast..

Comment

Working...
                      X