No announcement yet.

Mike Dallas Jr.....WHO??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
    Lol. Let's compare a 20 yo kid to a prime 28 yo rite? That's very disingenuous of u. I'm not even saying mathysse hasn't improved but its nowhere near the same thing. Mathysse was pretty much prime when.he got his fights against both Judah and Bradley. Brother is nowhere near that stage, his growth and potential are not at all on the same level as a fighter 10 yrs older than him. Just stop it. Lucas may have improved but if he fought wither Judah or Alexander today, I think we get similar fights. Mike Dallas does not change that fact. Mathysse is just the new foreign ko artist that every finds it cool.to hype. Happens around here regularly. Its so bad that u guys vehemently defended him weighing over 160.on fight night. Lol. Why? Not sure but the hype.isn't warranted. And neither are the diehard fans.
    Fighters mature differently, Matthysee was prime, because of his age? disingenuous of you, thats just laughable. I should just stop reading right there. Is he super prime right now like a WBA belt, or is the same fighter he was against Judah? Stop pretending Lucas wasnt as green as Broner when he fought Judah, and hasnt improved greatly. We would get the similar fight if they fought today again? Great 2 more clear wins for Lucas then. People are defending Matthysee for weighing 160? WHat rule did he break for people to defend him exactly, what did he do wrong? You dont like super hyped fighters but you like Broner, that makes sense. Diehard fans arent warranted? Whats it to you who people choose to be diehard fans of? You just find things to complain about Lucas, which makes no difference to lucas as a fighter. You complained about lucas's weight, even tho it was legel, about his diehard fans and hype and choice of opponents yet i dont see you doing the same from broner, who is super hyped, had terrible weight problems, and has some of the worst die hard fans popping up.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      Green is green, age doesn't matter. Matthysse had never been on that stage before, and it showed in his gameplan against Judah. There's a clear difference, he fights the way he did late against Judah from the beginning, and if he had done that against Judah he would have stopped him. He didn't fight that way against Judah because he was green, and worried about gassing late.
      EXACTLY. and not one of the opponents he's faced since then have the ability to really make him work for 12 rounds. the matchmakers are trying to rebuild LM and regain his marketability by reestablishing him.

Comment

Lol stop it. Judah was never in any trouble of being stopped and it has nothing to.do with being green. Its his temperment. That's the way he fights. He's methodical. He's not some all out balls out pressure fighter please stop making him out to be so. Its just not true.
        It has everything to do with being green. Matthysse didn't even throw headshots for the first 4 or 5 rounds. His entire gameplan going in was to conserve himself and pick up the pace late. That has everything to do with being a green fighter that was never on that stage before.

Compare the approach against Judah to the approach against Ajose, and he was a completely different fighter. He came out throwing the type of shots he waited until the middle of the fight against Judah to throw. Its a completely different mindset that comes with experience on that stage.

Comment

Green is green, age doesn't matter. Matthysse had never been on that stage before, and it showed in his gameplan against Judah. There's a clear difference, he fights the way he did late against Judah from the beginning, and if he had done that against Judah he would have stopped him. He didn't fight that way against Judah because he was green, and worried about gassing late.
          When Lomachenko enters the pro ranks, he will be 25 years old and at his pro boxing prime or very close to it, according to some people

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            Fighters mature differently, Matthysee was prime, because of his age? disingenuous of you, thats just laughable. I should just stop reading right there. Is he super prime right now like a WBA belt, or is the same fighter he was against Judah? Stop pretending Lucas wasnt as green as Broner when he fought Judah, and hasnt improved greatly. We would get the similar fight if they fought today again? Great 2 more clear wins for Lucas then. People are defending Matthysee for weighing 160? WHat rule did he break for people to defend him exactly, what did he do wrong? You dont like super hyped fighters but you like Broner, that makes sense. Diehard fans arent warranted? Whats it to you who people choose to be diehard fans of? You just find things to complain about Lucas, which makes no difference to lucas as a fighter. You complained about lucas's weight, even tho it was legel, about his diehard fans and hype and choice of opponents yet i dont see you doing the same from broner, who is super hyped, had terrible weight problems, and has some of the worst die hard fans popping up.
            Wait? Where did I say I don't like super hyped fighters? And where the hell.did I complain about mathysse's weight? When u find those posts I will respond to your rant. I'll wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
              I thought LM won but it wasn't a robbery. to compare them to roy or rios/abril is ridiculous IMO.

LM landed more. That means he won the rds he won huge, but he still only wins them 10-9. The fact that he threw so much late is indicative of him being told he needed a KO to win because he was behind.

Its easy to call everyone scared, thats the NSB way. Not reality. LM is a damn good boxer but his last 5 wins are against 2nd and 3rd tier JWW's.
              No it wasnt some complete shut out like the Abril fight but Lucas very clearly won 6 rounds. Rounds that there is no way Judah could have won and with a KD that automatically gives him the win even if judah won the other 6 rounds, which he didnt.

People act like you need a complete shut out of a fighter for it to be a robbery. No you need a fighter who clearly won a fight to somehow lose for it to be a robbery, and Lucas clearly won it.

The Devon fight is worse because he easily won 7+ rounds of a 10 round fight with a KD, theres no possible way that it wasnt a robbery unless you score the fight based on who clinched more

Comment

It has everything to do with being green. Matthysse didn't even throw headshots for the first 4 or 5 rounds. His entire gameplan going in was to conserve himself and pick up the pace late. That has everything to do with being a green fighter that was never on that stage before.

Compare the approach against Judah to the approach against Ajose, and he was a completely different fighter. He came out throwing the type of shots he waited until the middle of the fight against Judah to throw. Its a completely different mindset that comes with experience on that stage.
                He threw some good shots but how long did it take him to go for the kill? And this is against a fighter who was right in front of him to be hit. Seriously if u can't tell what type of fighter he is then maybe u should watch him some more. Even in the Soto fight, there was no need for it to go the 5 or 6 rounds it went if mathysse was the type of fighter u described. He's simply not. He fight at his pace he doesn't go for the kill until he feels ready. That's what he was and still is. Against a fighter who doesn't stand in front of him, he will take an even longer time. Olusegun doesn't change this in the least bit.

Comment

Wait? Where did I say I don't like super hyped fighters? And where the hell.did I complain about mathysse's weight? When u find those posts I will respond to your rant. I'll wait.
                  All of those are in your last post, re-read it

THen respond

Ill wait

Comment

All of those are in your last post, re-read it

THen respond

Ill wait
                    Dude, I'm aware English isn't your first language but u gotta get it together. I never said I didn't like mathysse first of all. I do in fact. My post history illustrates that. What I don't agree with is the over hype. Samee with broner. Next Floyd? No, I'm think more next winky. P4p? Laughable. Secondly I never once complained about his weight. I frankly don't care. I find it laughable and pathetic the excuses ppl came up with tho. Lmao. Once again my post history illustrates that. Mathysse at least is no Golovkin. But is he the monster killer ko artist everyone makes him out to be? By no means. He's a good fighter, probably the best at 140. But let's not get carried away. Its that simple. I've seen this all before with the Butes and the Valeros etc. This is Nsb. But u should definitely know better.
                    Last edited by Kagami Taiga; 01-28-2013, 11:46 AM.

Comment

No it wasnt some complete shut out like the Abril fight but Lucas very clearly won 6 rounds. Rounds that there is no way Judah could have won and with a KD that automatically gives him the win even if judah won the other 6 rounds, which he didnt.

People act like you need a complete shut out of a fighter for it to be a robbery. No you need a fighter who clearly won a fight to somehow lose for it to be a robbery, and Lucas clearly won it.

The Devon fight is worse because he easily won 7+ rounds of a 10 round fight with a KD, theres no possible way that it wasnt a robbery unless you score the fight based on who clinched more
                      perhaps you, like other fans, score a fight not by the rules, but by how you prefer fighters to fight. even the judge that had LM winning only had it by a point, so you need to consider that maybe the way you score a fight needs to be tweaked.

Just because LM was more agressive in certain rounds doesn't mean he won. It's effective agression, not just agression. I thought he lost 7 rds and got the point back with the KD.

Comment

Working...
                      X