No announcement yet.

Mike Dallas Jr.....WHO??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    perhaps you, like other fans, score a fight not by the rules, but by how you prefer fighters to fight. even the judge that had LM winning only had it by a point, so you need to consider that maybe the way you score a fight needs to be tweaked.

Just because LM was more agressive in certain rounds doesn't mean he won. It's effective agression, not just agression. I thought he lost 7 rds and got the point back with the KD.
    Lucas wasnt just more aggressive, he was landing more and almost tripling judah in landed power punches, tripling. His aggression was very effective, im not sure if it was as effective as judah running around and jabbing into the air all night but it was effective

Yes judah won a few early rounds and the 8 i think. After that it was all Lucas

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
      Judah got a gift. it was close but clear for LM. Matthysse started pretty slow, though. that didn't help him.

in that way, Lucas sets himself up to be 'outclassed' (at least for significant spells) by guys who possess the physical tools. he's not the kind of guy who sets a pace, generally speaking. he's a methodically technical fighter, very deliberate and measured. quick guys will get a lead on him early.
      I don't recall LM winning a close but clear win. I recall a close fight. I love LM. He is the epitome of fury. I just don't want people to overrate him. He will fight until the final bell. I love that kind of fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashy Larryx
        Ok Matthysee ko'd some dude who has never beaten anyone worth mentioning..WOW,...Are people really going crazy over this??he ko'd a c class fighter big f ucking deal..now we get ridiculous threads bout Garcia being scared,Mattyhsee fighting Floyd,Broner bring shook..REALLY???? Ya'll are to easily impressed on here
        i agree... we're even seing posts about Garcia faking his injury to avoid facing Matthysse... its ridiculous. Who didnt know Matthysse would win that fight? was the outcome ever in doubt? truth is the 2 world class fighters he has fought, both hold wins over him (wether you think they are legit or not, both fights were close)... i like Matthysse, but lets not give him the accolades before he earns them.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Dallas been stopped on ESPN by P4P nobodys....nothing to get amped about...super middleweights are supposed to ice super welters...whats the big deal?!?

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            Green is green, age doesn't matter. Matthysse had never been on that stage before, and it showed in his gameplan against Judah. There's a clear difference, he fights the way he did late against Judah from the beginning, and if he had done that against Judah he would have stopped him. He didn't fight that way against Judah because he was green, and worried about gassing late.
            Please. People say Broner lost to Ponce De Leon. What was Broner, Neon green? Once you start fighting ranked fighters, and your people put you in with those guys, it's time to perform. There are no excuses. Matthysse put Judah down. What was that a lucky punch? Foh.

Comment

Going into this fight, I was pretty sure Lucas would get the stoppage. I'm just intrigued by the fact that he used a counter to put his opponent away instead of pounding him into submission like we're used to seeing him do. Being able to time and counter are wrinkles he's added to his game, wrinkles that every good pressure fighter should have. It's not that he did it against Dallas (C-level fighter), but the fact he did it at all. If he does that to Garcia, then I'm sure everyone will be impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                Lucas wasnt just more aggressive, he was landing more and almost tripling judah in landed power punches, tripling. His aggression was very effective, im not sure if it was as effective as judah running around and jabbing into the air all night but it was effective

Yes judah won a few early rounds and the 8 i think. After that it was all Lucas
                but power punches don't count more and volume can be misleading. LM won 10-12 by a score of 30-26 and landed the bulk of his power shots. prior to that, he may have won 1 rd or 2.

either way, i'm not down on LM. He has proven he is a damn good fighter by dominating 2nd and 3rd tier fighters as he should.

but this doesn't mean he will do same against danny or peterson or amir should they box and move and set the pace like zab did. there are still questions about LM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW!
                  Ah here we go. One of those threads/posts I predicted. "Whos Dallas Jr" while completely ignoring the rest of Matthysse's resume.
                  whats the best win on his resume? Ajose? Humberto Soto?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                    Going into this fight, I was pretty sure Lucas would get the stoppage. I'm just intrigued by the fact that he used a counter to put his opponent away instead of pounding him into submission like we're used to seeing him do. Being able to time and counter are wrinkles he's added to his game, wrinkles that every good pressure fighter should have. It's not that he did it against Dallas (C-level fighter), but the fact he did it at all. If he does that to Garcia, then I'm sure everyone will be impressed.
                    excellent post. its a shame that sometimes NSB goes right to the conspiracy answer rather than the boxing answer.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                      Here we go...attack Matthysse because a few people mentioned him in the same breath as your hero.

yawn
                      What hero is that exactly?

Comment

Working...
                      X