No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Matthysse: I'm Sure That Knockout Scared Danny Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    I think a Showtime exec confirmed that the numbers for the unofficial weigh-in were accurate.

I would lean toward Lucas if he ever meets Garcia but if he's unable to put him away he could be in a world of trouble. He's operating at a high level these days but the hype on these boards is going overboard.
    I just find it hard to believe a fighter who has never had weight problems gained 25 pounds in 1 night. I have never heard of that type of increase in history. I still think an error or something went wrong in the measurement.

Lucas is very hyped and going thru guys like a wrecking ball and wants the top guy in the division. He is every thing any boxer should achieve to be, its just annoying how we cant get a fight between easily the top 2 140 fighters who are also very exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by -BORICUA- View Post
      He didn't draw with them get the hell outta here loser. A ko over khan is better than anything Matthyse has ever done. Matthyse has a weak résumé his best win is over a guy who was great at super feather.
      Morales? Oh wait you said super feather, not super bantam

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        I just find it hard to believe a fighter who has never had weight problems gained 25 pounds in 1 night. I have never heard of that type of increase in history. I still think an error or something went wrong in the measurement.

Lucas is very hyped and going thru guys like a wrecking ball and wants the top guy in the division. He is every thing any boxer should achieve to be, its just annoying how we cant get a fight between easily the top 2 140 fighters who are also very exciting.
        An error is certainly possible.

Lucas has the right attitude, the skills and power. He's also got some flaws that could lead him to lose in shocking fashion. I say shocking because, let these boards tell it, he's invincible. I might have even seen posts claiming that the Garcia-Judah postponement means he's ducking Matthyse. Anyway, I think if Garcia looks good against Judah, we'll see the fight. And it'll be a pretty good one.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          An error is certainly possible.

Lucas has the right attitude, the skills and power. He's also got some flaws that could lead him to lose in shocking fashion. I say shocking because, let these boards tell it, he's invincible. I might have even seen posts claiming that the Garcia-Judah postponement means he's ducking Matthyse. Anyway, I think if Garcia looks good against Judah, we'll see the fight. And it'll be a pretty good one.
          You dont see Khan 2 coming after Judah?

Comment

Not right now, no. Not ruling it out though. Either way, the word "duck" is being thrown around pretty loosely around here. Doesn't apply to this situation at all. At least let them build it up a little.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED
              Quote:

Originally Posted by Russian Crushin

Not right now, no. Not ruling it out though. Either way, the word "duck" is being thrown around pretty loosely around here. Doesn't apply to this situation at all. At least let them build it up a little.
              Build up more? This fight is already built and Matthysse is being very vocal about it. Remember when everyone wanted Gamboa-Juanma and Arum wanted to build it more?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by NatiKid View Post
                ya cause him having a legit injury just aint possible what so ever
                Ey bro that could be true but the possibility that the rumors of him not training hard and his Dad saying he's not ready for 12 rounds could be true.

It also kind of looks like he only wants to fight twice this year (Judah and Khan) rather than fight Lucas as well.

Comment

Morales? Oh wait you said super feather, not super bantam
                  That's not his best win garcias is khan ang Matthyses is soto.

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
                    Build up more? This fight is already built and Matthysse is being very vocal about it. Remember when everyone wanted Gamboa-Juanma and Arum wanted to build it more?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                    Yeah, build it up. Like this Judah fight will build it up and have fans comparing performances. And yes, I remember Gamboa-Juanma or what could have been. **** happens and sometimes hyped up fighters aren't as good as initially thought and fall by the wayside before the big fight gets made. Other times the fighters overcome that and make it to that showdown ie. Margarito-Cotto.

I'm not sure if you want them to fight tomorrow or something but my point is that those who are calling anything a "duck" right now are just irrational. I'd like to see them get it on as well if Garcia looks good against Judah. Hopefully that's next.

Comment

Imdazed I get what you're saying but in boxing we've missed out so many good fights due to this kind of thinking from promoters.

Rios, Garcia and Matthysse all should be fighting each other right now those are some serious scraps. Fights that given how epic they could be could line their pockets and increase their fanbase. Sounds like Lucas is the only one ready to go old school and say **** it lets fight. No bs, no nothing.

Comment

Working...
                      X