No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Matthysse: I'm Sure That Knockout Scared Danny Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daviddejesus View Post
    Garcia is not scared to fight Lucas. He's a fighter. That's his job. Lucas would definitely give Danny problems, but to say he's scared doesn't make sense.
    Then why didn't he fight him? He's his mando and the best fighter at 140. There are no excuses for this fight not to have Happened instead of the Judah fight or now

Comment

Originally posted by Mato o Muero View Post
      Garcia running scared. Like a true Boricua.
      Ja,ja, ja You got men !!!!!!!

Comment

Did anyone else notice Lucas re-hydrating to an astonishing 163 1/2 1lbs on Sat when he weighed in at 138 1/2 lbs on Fri? That is 25 lbs over night, is this correct or did Showtime make a mistake meaning 153 1/2 lbs? If this is correct, then it shouldn't be surprising as to why he's been ko'ing most of his opponents when he outweighs them significantly on fight night. BTW, Lucas by KO against Garcia!

Comment

Originally posted by BIGLEX View Post
          Did anyone else notice Lucas re-hydrating to an astonishing 163 1/2 1lbs on Sat when he weighed in at 138 1/2 lbs on Fri? That is 25 lbs over night, is this correct or did Showtime make a mistake meaning 153 1/2 lbs? If this is correct, then it shouldn't be surprising as to why he's been ko'ing most of his opponents when he outweighs them significantly on fight night. BTW, Lucas by KO against Garcia!
          Lucas usually weighs 150-152

The weight sounded like an error occurred somewhere

Comment

I think this fight will happen towards the end of the year. This fight has to happen. Fight of the year candidate if it does.

Comment

Why would this ko scare Garcia? Who even is this guy that matthysee ko'd? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                Lucas usually weighs 150-152

The weight sounded like an error occurred somewhere
                I think a Showtime exec confirmed that the numbers for the unofficial weigh-in were accurate.

I would lean toward Lucas if he ever meets Garcia but if he's unable to put him away he could be in a world of trouble. He's operating at a high level these days but the hype on these boards is going overboard.

Comment

Originally posted by CLubberLang View Post
                  I don't think Garcia is scared of Lucas but I think his dad and handlers are. Hell they wouldn't let him fight Ajose when he was the mandatory and Lucas is way better and more dangerous than he is. Sad thing is that he got the shot against Khan but he seems unwilling to give a shot to Ajose or Lucas. I think both beat him easy. If Lucas learned a lil english like JMM and Cotto, then I think it could make him vastly more marketable. Nonetheless his fists speak a language everyone can understand for now.
                  Why would Garcia have fought Ajose, instead of Khan at that time??? And it wasn't Garcia's fault he fought Morales the 2nd time, Morales had a rematch clause.

Comment

Lucas Matthysse would literally kill and decapitate everyone in the history of forever, and skull f**k them afterwards too. He's a GOD.

Seriously, I want him to get his shot too....but the hype is going overboard. He deserved the W over Alexander for sure, but he didn't "kill" Alexander like he's supposedly going to do with everyone else. And I thought he lost slightly to Judah, who put rounds in the bank early in that fight. Judah was a close fight.

He beats some ehhh fighters in Soto, Ajose, and Dallas....and we now have posts saying Matthysse would challenge Mayweather for crying out loud. Lucas is good, still has bad footwork, but he is relentless and can punch no doubt. But let's be real...the two best fighters he's faced (Alexander and Judah), who people LOVE to say are average fighters, he didn't exactly steam roll either of them.

Yet.....supposedly he's going to kill everyone in the history of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
                      Who can't KO Khan? Who the **** Draws with Holt and Theopane?
                      He didn't draw with them get the hell outta here loser. A ko over khan is better than anything Matthyse has ever done. Matthyse has a weak résumé his best win is over a guy who was great at super feather.

Comment

Working...
                      X