No announcement yet.

Matthysse 163 lbs tonight!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
    yes............peoples bodies distribute weight differently. why do you guys continue to use this "look test" ?

do you know how easily this argument is broken down & laughed at?

look at mayweather. he comes in around 151 on fight night. lucas previous weights had him at 152 153. both of them look to be around 5'8

does lucas look bigger then mayweather? NO. not even close. mayweather looks like he has at least 8 pounds on lucas. but in realty they rehydrate at about the same weight..........

this "looks argument" can be debunked in so many ways it's not even funny.
    So you think a guy who normally comes in at low 150's, suddenly comes in at 163, because his legs gained 12 pounds. That's basically what you are saying, because there is no logical explanation that he would jump in weight that much. He's always came in low 150's. As long as they have been showing fight night weight for him. Explain that. For no apparent reason, after 4 months, looks no different from previous fights, and weighs 12 pounds more then usual.

Only logical explanation is the "UNOFFICIAL" scales are "UNOFFICIAL". They aint right. Simple as that.

Comment

• Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
      They are all wearing shoes in every photo, it doesn't take but a simple click on youtube to find teh weigh ins. It also doesn't take but a simple click to WATCH THE FIGHTS and see that Lucas is not 5'6", My god.

I'll make this easy for you guys. Matthysse is an inch taller than zab at the very most all fight long, he doesn't grow or shrink and there is no ANGLE this video is taken in that makes it seem like that.

You can see here, Alexander is NOT TWO INCHES TALLER THAN MATTHYSSE.

and you can see here that Alexander IS TWO INCHES TALLER THAN BRADLEY

Why I have to even prove this is nonsense, we should all know this by now. How long have we been watching boxing? Most of us even partake in the sport ourselves.
      Holy ****... Are you seriously trying to compare heights in a video when they're moving around? This is a shameless attempt in your part. The least you could've done was find pics of them face to face at the weigh ins. Or maybe they don't work for your convenience?

Comment

• LOL i just dont understand how you guys choose not to believe he came in at 163.5. You guys need to just accept it.

Comment

• Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
          Holy ****... Are you seriously trying to compare heights in a video when they're moving around? This is a shameless attempt in your part. The least you could've done was find pics of them face to face at the weigh ins. Or maybe they don't work for your convenience?
          Ajose is listed as 5'7

Comment

• Originally posted by ItsTrue View Post
            LOL i just dont understand how you guys choose not to believe he came in at 163.5. You guys need to just accept it.
            Great post

Comment

• Originally posted by ItsTrue View Post
              LOL i just dont understand how you guys choose not to believe he came in at 163.5. You guys need to just accept it.
              Because every bit of logic points to it being bull****.

You don't even have to be all that intelligent to see that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                I dont get where height became a factor like he grew 2 inches since his last fight. He was always the same height when he weighed 150 during his fights, and also looked the same in those fights was yesterday
                Oh, understood. I mentioned him being 158 with clothes OFF instead of 163.5 (clothed) because that isn't an unusual gain. But i'll say though, at 140lbs that does seem far fetched in comparison to some of the noticeably bigger guys who've fought at that weight class. Take Ortiz, Maidana, and Lopez for example, they gained about the 'norm' for Matthysse.

Of course they were both 164 at 147 and above, but Lucas is supposed to be at that wieght at 140? Hard to believe, and I don't believe it. Hell, even 158 is far fetched. but hey, showtime confirmed it and I know I personally have had my share of phases with weight fluctuation and how I carry it - small when heavy and big when light. However, throughout the history of the sport and the division, it's hard to picture him being that big when men naturally bigger weren't.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                  Ajose is listed as 5'7
                  Thank you, and that's the exact 1 inch difference he had on a 5'7" Judah. I believe we've proven he isn't 5'6" now though.

Comment

• Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                    Did you not read my posts prior? I posted SEVERAL pics already, jack ass. But apparently it wasn't convenient for someone ELSE, as they said the angles were bad and they could have had shoes on -.-;

Someone just posted a picture of Matthysse having the same height advantage of a 5'7" Ajose (in a perfect side to side photo) as he does a 5'7" Judah.

Originally posted by Lovci View Post
                    I can't conceive how people believe Matthysse weighed 163. He's never been higher then low 150's before, he's 5'6, and he doesn't look anywhere near 163.

I don't give a **** what some "UNOFFICIAL" scale says. I have watched enough boxing to know Matthysse was no where near 163.
                    Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
                    Showtime confirmed it even after the telecast. And he isn't 5'6", people need to stop looking at falsified heights. Bradley is 5'6".

Now look at Alexander and Matthysse.

For arguments sake, zab judah is supposed to be 5'7".

Fighters heights are almost ALWAYS wrong. Matthysse isn't that short, he just isn't.
                    Last edited by intoccabile; 01-27-2013, 05:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lovci View Post
                      Because every bit of logic points to it being bull****.

You don't even have to be all that intelligent to see that.
                      Because you saw him on TV and you just approximated that "he doesnt look that big" Im sorry your right Showtime wasnt.

They shouldnt have Weighins any more just you and your TV.

Comment

Working...
                      X