No announcement yet.

Quillin gives more excuses not to fight Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    I'd love to know Pete's back up plan if his career is effectively over within the next couple of years and he didn't make a score. I'm sure some Boxingscene poster will offer him a job making six figures.
    I understand what you're saying, but it doesn't serve the sport well to have fighters milk their titles against sub-standard opposition.

It's like Mosley's comeback - yeah, we know he's gotta make those alimony payments.

But we gotta push for the best fights. Quillin vs GGG would be a great fight.

Comment

I've got no time for that, man. I already waste enough time on this site as it is.

I'd love to see Pete take on GGG, but I don't think Quillin is under any obligation to fight Gennady immediately. Some kids think you're supposed to honor challenges to fight post-haste, as if it were some kind of insult to their honor on the street. Of course, I wouldn't support the idea of a fighter running away from fights, but there is such a thing as "reason."

I'd love to know Pete's back up plan if his career is effectively over within the next couple of years and he didn't make a score. I'm sure some Boxingscene poster will offer him a job making six figures.
      No you dont, you want pete to make the best "life decisions", AKA face Guerrero and Rubio

You're already made that clear

Comment

• Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
        No sorry, that didn't explain how Quillin is a bigger name. Does he have a bigger fanbase, better rating.....what? Does he even get bigger purses? How is he a significantly bigger name than GGG that the latter needs to build up his name to be worthy?

The Haymon connection does not mean you're a bigger name. It just means you have connections.

Or do other fighters now have to earn the right to fight Haymon fighters?
        Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        Quillin is a bigger name based on what exactly? Ok lets take boxingscene out of it, now show me how he is a bigger name. Ratings? Ehhh Golovkin's are better. Lets hear it genius.

I swear, you're a str8 moron sometimes, just look at you crying and making stuff up
        Reasons? I just used your argument against you

Awesome reply tho
        Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
        Golovkin is ranked higher than Quillin too.mind boggling this ray character.
        He's a bigger name because Ray said so
        Boxingscene is not the real world, in the real world (Boxing world) Quillin bring more to the table and just because you guys want GGG to get his chance now doesnt mean he would sorry, Even GGG knows this and the reason why he came over to america to build himself up, I dont hate the guy but the notion that everyone is ducking him is laughable, Today it Quillin, yesterday its amrtinez and tomorrow it would be Chavez and before that all of these guys were ducking Pirog... Yeah again Boxingscene is not the real world.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          Boxingscene is not the real world, in the real world (Boxing world) Quillin bring more to the table and just because you guys want GGG to get his chance now doesnt mean he would sorry, Even GGG knows this and the reason why he came over to america to build himself up, I dont hate the guy but the notion that everyone is ducking him is laughable, Today it Quillin, yesterday its amrtinez and tomorrow it would be Chavez and before that all of these guys were ducking Pirog... Yeah again Boxingscene is not the real world.
          That's nice.

How is Quillin a bigger name?

Comment

I've got no time for that, man. I already waste enough time on this site as it is.

I'd love to see Pete take on GGG, but I don't think Quillin is under any obligation to fight Gennady immediately. Some kids think you're supposed to honor challenges to fight post-haste, as if it were some kind of insult to their honor on the street. Of course, I wouldn't support the idea of a fighter running away from fights, but there is such a thing as "reason."

Yea it laugable really, they are in every thread crying about how GGG is been ducked lol, Yea the beast is sooo dangerous they all ducking him.

Comment

Based on what, lets see some figures to show this. Otherwise just STFU up and log off, you're being a complete moron now.

You're getting owned left and right, pull your pants up and stop embarrassing yourself

Comment

• Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                I remember when Andy Lee decided not to fight Quilllin, his reasoning was something along the lines of "At the level we're fighting at, any one of us could lose. It's not worth the risk for money I'd get paid especially with nothing being guaranteed." While it wasn't the manliest thing to say, I could kind of respect it because at least he was being honest. Quillin on the other hand is unjustifiably being a diva here.

Quillin vs Golovkin at the end of the year would pretty much guarantee Sergio fighting the winner. With no more euro fighters and the unlikely hood of Canelo/Floyd winner wanting to fight him, there's really no one left. Right now Sergio could get away with not fighting someone like Golovkin because he's relatively unknown and the demand isn't staggering, but no way he could avoid the winner of two recent premium cable staples.
                I don't know if Quillin is being a diva. I'm more inclined to believe his reasons are pretty much what Lee said. It's essentially what I've been saying all along. It's the reason why nearly all these men refuse to fight certain guys until the money is right. Does anyone think Quillin would refuse a fight with Golovkin if his purse was, say, two million? No. His purse, however, would probably be south of 500k for a fight like that. Risk/reward is what it comes down to.

Comment

Quillin has done much yet, he is been built so fighting the rubios of these world is part of the process, fighting GGG now does not make sense legacy wise or financially, the fight can be even better when both fighters have done more..I dont get the rush with this whole GGG stuff, the man only came on the scene to a lot of you guys 2 fights ago and now the world is ducking him because they interview a bunch of guys and they are looking at other names? Nah boxing doesnt work like that.
                  I don't think he should fight GGG next, and I think it's a bit early to be calling him a duck. GBP is in the process of making stars, but I'm not a fan of how they make them. Mares is one of the few fighters that I have much respect for due to the level of his opposition. I think they are making a mistake with some of their younger stars (Canelo/Khan/Quillin). Instead of increasing their competition steadily and putting them in there with fighters of different styles/attributes, they'll put them in there with guys who are very deficient in certain areas. For example, Canelo has fought guys who were smaller (Lopez/Gomez), not known for their power (Hatton), and past their prime (Baldomir/Mosley/Cintron). Khan has fought guys who were smaller (Molina), not known for their power (Kotelnik, Malignaggi, McCloskey, Peterson), and past their prime (Zab). Quillin has a heavily padded resume. Most of the guys he's beat have already been used as stepping stones for his contemporaries. N'Jikam is his best opponent, and that fight was pretty competitive. Rubio wouldn't be better than N'Jikam, but it would be a step-up from the rest of his resume. If he wants a step-up from N'Jikam, then fight Geale/Pirog.

I'm tired of fighters relying on HYPE. It's pretty powerful, but it can turn on you real quick. GBP needs to match these guys against their contemporaries sooner rather than later, so we can see what everyone is made of.
                  Last edited by kiaba360; 01-26-2013, 02:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
                    That's nice.

How is Quillin a bigger name?
                    Read all my previous post, If you cant see it then sorry i cant help ya..

Comment

Yea it laugable really, they are in every thread crying about how GGG is been ducked lol, Yea the beast is sooo dangerous they all ducking him.
                      So why did he say no and chose Guerrero instead?

Comment

Working...
                      X