No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Expects To Face Trout, Then Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
    Those are the key words here. I think Mayweather will commit if Canelo wins, that way, the fight's numbers are not effected, because Canelo lost his last fight.
    True, if Canelo is indeed wanting a guarantee win or lose, than that is not cool. There has been no indication that this is the case though.
    I think what's happening behind the scenes is Haymon is trying to get Floyd to commit to September as long as Canelo commits to fighting his other guy Trout.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
      Golden Boy? I'm sure GBP are jumping in joy at the thought of doing Canelo-Mayweather in the September. It's Floyd who is playing hardball if anything.
      That's a fair point. GBP are just caught in the diva cross-fire

Comment

Originally posted by Zyzz View Post
        go suck off bob arum in another thread, golden boy puts together the best fights and canelo should be fighting trout anyways, if it were bob arum he'd have him fight mayorga so gtfo
        It's a dumb move for Canelo to fight Trout right now. He could very well lose that fight and then what happens with the mega PPV against Mayweather?

Say what you want about Arum but he is a good businessman. He would not risk a huge payday against a relative unknown like Austin Trout.

It's high risk and low reward.

Golden Boy already got burned by Trout once before. He's the reason that we aren't arguing about Canelo vs. Cotto on the undercard. Think how much bigger this PPV could have been with those two.

Like I said, GBP makes dumb moves.
        Last edited by PinoyNation; 01-25-2013, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
          ]

It doesn't need replacing. Of course he has to be next in line, why else are they having him on the undercard again and talking about a September fight?
          He may not be next in line if he loses. So, judging from your stance here, Mayweather will agree to fight Canelo in September and the Canelo Trout fight will go on the under card as planned.

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
            True, if Canelo is indeed wanting a guarantee win or lose, than that is not cool. There has been no indication that this is the case though.
            I think what's happening behind the scenes is Haymon is trying to get Floyd to commit to September as long as Canelo commits to fighting his other guy Trout.
            Yeah, I think so too. It would be ridiculous to ask Mayweather to commit win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by PinoyNation View Post
              It's a dumb move for Canelo to fight Trout right now. He could very well lose that fight and then what happens with the mega PPV against Mayweather?

Say what you want about Arum but he is a good businessman. He would not risk a huge payday against a relative unknown like Austin Trout.

Golden Boy already got burned by Trout once before. He's the reason that we aren't arguing about Canelo vs. Cotto on the undercard. Think how much bigger this PPV could have been with those two.

And the fans benefit. Anybody bashing GBP for making exciting, risky fights is just saying "no dont make that fight give me a crappy mismatch instead". Would you rather Canelo rematch Josesito Lopez? SMH Top Rank is trash I sure as hell dont want GBP following in their footsteps. If Canelo takes a loss it isn't the end of him. A perfect record isn't what makes him marketable. And if he comes through Trout you are talking about Mayweather-Alvarez having Mayweather-Pacquiao type of demand from the public. Every boxing fan will want to see it and every casual fan will want to see the what the red head can do against Floyd.

Comment

Yeah Bob Arum didn't let the huge fight in JuanMa Lopez VS Gamboa get ruined...opps.

Anyways, I don't know why you're even praising Arum for giving his boxers easy fights.

Comment

Wait till Floyd announces the bum he is fighting and watch his mentally challenged fans defend it...Canelo should just say fk the whole card. They need Canelo to make this a big May 4th event, without him this would just be a weak PPV event

Comment

zahir raheem

Comment

I'll give Canelo his due I didn't expect this but definitely will earn a fight with the P4P champ.

If he beats Trout he'll prove himself legit.

Comment

Working...
                      X