Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Expects To Face Trout, Then Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much do you guys think Canelo-Mayweather sells?

I'm thinking around 1.7 buys, being Floyd's second biggest PPV fight.
    Last edited by _original_; 01-25-2013, 07:47 PM.

Comment

I cant see Canelo fighting Trout on a Floyd undercard if only for Trout could get the win , this forum seems to ride every fighter that ever gets a mention like its a signed deal , rumor flys for heavens in this forum and then are dropped like a hot potato lol .

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
        Just for perspective, the last time Floyd fought without Canelo on the undercard was Juan Manuel Marquez in September of 2009.
        Marquez was a big name coming off the first two Pacquiao fights, Mayweather had not fought in almost 2 years, the Pac/Floyd hype had just barely started (really took off later that year after Pac beat Cotto) and it was on Mexican Independence day weekend.
        That fight did barely over a million PPV buys, great for anyone else but not so great for a Mayweather fight.
        If I am Golden Boy, I am not leaving anything to chance by leaving Canelo off this card. Likewise if I am Canelo I am not fighting on the card unless I have a signed agreement to fight Floyd provided I beat Trout. The only question is if Floyd will cooperate. My money says no.
        My feeling is that this is the hold-up. He doesn't want to be dictated to by some Mexican kid.

To me, the Ghost fight as a sell is predicated on the idea that firstly, he will fight again in September and secondly, it will be against Canelo, which is why Saul is on the undercard.

In some weird way, Floyd fans should be happy with this. Or are they OK with him disappearing again for 18 months?

Best way to approach it would be to guarantee the WINNER of Canelo/Trout a shot at Mayweather in September.

GBP/Floyd want to have their cake and eat it. They wanna use Saul to sell the PPV for the Ghost fight but don't want to commit to a September fight.

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
          Just for perspective, the last time Floyd fought without Canelo on the undercard was Juan Manuel Marquez in September of 2009.
          Marquez was a big name coming off the first two Pacquiao fights, Mayweather had not fought in almost 2 years, the Pac/Floyd hype had just barely started (really took off later that year after Pac beat Cotto) and it was on Mexican Independence day weekend.
          That fight did barely over a million PPV buys, great for anyone else but not so great for a Mayweather fight.
          If I am Golden Boy, I am not leaving anything to chance by leaving Canelo off this card. Likewise if I am Canelo I am not fighting on the card unless I have a signed agreement to fight Floyd provided I beat Trout. The only question is if Floyd will cooperate. My money says no.
          Those are the key words here. I think Mayweather will commit if Canelo wins, that way, the fight's numbers are not effected, because Canelo lost his last fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
            Replace the bold with: pick us for a September match. That's how I see it.
            ]

It doesn't need replacing. Of course he has to be next in line, why else are they having him on the undercard again and talking about a September fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
              My feeling is that this is the hold-up. He doesn't want to be dictated to by some Mexican kid.

To me, the Ghost fight as a sell is predicated on the idea that firstly, he will fight again in September and secondly, it will be against Canelo, which is why Saul is on the undercard.

In some weird way, Floyd fans should be happy with this. Or are they OK with him disappearing again for 18 months?

Best way to approach it would be to guarantee the WINNER of Canelo/Trout a shot at Mayweather in September.

GBP/Floyd want to have their cake and eat it. They wanna use Saul to sell the PPV for the Ghost fight but don't want to commit to a September fight.
              Golden Boy? I'm sure GBP are jumping in joy at the thought of doing Canelo-Mayweather in the September. It's Floyd who is playing hardball if anything.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                How much do you guys think Canelo-Mayweather sells?

I'm thinking around 1.7 buys, being Floyd's second biggest PPV fight.
                IF this drama really gets picked up it could do even more, it depends on how the public buys it.

I personally think this is all a ploy to create beef between the parties and get people to start saying Floyd is going to duck Canelo which gets a bunch of fans fired up.

I would say second most though also don't think it could really approach the Oscar fight though.

Comment

No way Floyd fights in May and September. No way.

Comment

The may fight depends on the 2nd half of the deal. A fight with Floyd.

Comment

Now Canelo can shut up the haters or Trout be crowned kind of 154, win-win.

Comment

Working...
                      X