Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo confirms trout is next but Floyd has to sign for Sep.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It should be clear that Ginger Kid has agreed to fight Trout on a separate date. It's most likely the paltry sum of money Floyd is offering that he's objecting to, not necessarily Floyd's non-guarantee of a Sept fight. You win some you lose some.

It should make sense that Canelo fighting his own fight on the main card offers him better money than being on a Floyd undercard.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      It sounds like he is forcing Floyd's hand so Floyd can't avoid him.....I don't see how it could possibly be interpreted any other way.
      So if Trout beats Alvarez PBF should still fight Alvarez over Trout in Sept cause that is what a guarantee means? You agree with that?

Comment

Mayweather should just put in the contract that Canelo losing voids the agreement.

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
          So if Trout beats Alvarez PBF should still fight Alvarez over Trout in Sept cause that is what a guarantee means? You agree with that?
          Mathed is a moron period.

Comment

Canelo should know that the Mayweather fight won't happen if he loses, I think the idea is that he feels he will beat Trout so it won't be an issue. Floyd's people will put a stipulation regarding him having to win against Trout in order to get the Floyd fight. I'm sure this is just a standard expectation at this point....or at least it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              Mathed is a moron period.
              see post below "smart guy"...........if you deal with this stuff routinely there are certain things that are simply understood...obviously not by everyone.

Comment

Canelo vs. Trout is a great fight. I will DEFINITELY buy that Mayweather PPV. Would have anyway, probably, but absolutely will now.

Comment

Originally posted by p4p-champ View Post
                  I don't see Mayweather signing such a contract. There is a possibility that Trout beats Canelo and the hype surrounding him will take a hit. Not sure why these two clowns don't just fight each other now. Fuck Guerrero/Bradley/Trout.
                  I agree with this 100% it would be floyd's best option financially other than pac which obv won't ever happen unless they fight in 2015 or something.

Comment

Again it should be made clear that Canelo wants MORE MONEY if he has to fight on the Floyd undercard.

You gotta be an idiot (why do I keep saying you gotta be an... these days?) to believe Floyd would fight Canelo ESPECIALLY if he beats Trout.)Floyd vs Canelo, win or lose to Trout, will never happen! That's the bottom line. Otherwise, Floyd would have agreed to fight him in May.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      Canelo should know that the Mayweather fight won't happen if he loses, I think the idea is that he feels he will beat Trout so it won't be an issue. Floyd's people will put a stipulation regarding him having to win against Trout in order to get the Floyd fight. I'm sure this is just a standard expectation at this point....or at least it should be.
                      Now with the bold who says Alvarez or his people would agree to that? To even ask for such a thing regardless of winning or losing is BS especially coming from a guy who has done absolutely nothing in boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X