Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo confirms trout is next but Floyd has to sign for Sep.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only reason I see Floyd not potentially signing is if Canelo loses, then Floyd knows he's gonna get **** from the haters for fighting the loser. Otherwise, all signs were pointing towards a Canelo fight in Sept. anyways.

Comment

well i guess no canelo-trout, cuz floyd wont fight losers, one of the things you can respect from him

Comment

Ginger: "I want Mayweather now!"

GBP: "Floyd don't want you now. He wants you on his undercard in May."

Ginger: "Give me tons of money then."

GBP: "He can only offer you this much."

Ginger: "Nah. I'd rather fight on a separate date where I get to be the main card. And the money is better."

GBP after consulting with Floyd: "He promised to fight you in Sept."

Ginger: "I want his signature."

Comment

Easy duck move by Canelo lol.
          His team knows Floyd fights when he wants to fight and will not sign that type of contract.

SO Canelo is using a Floyd contract to duck Trout.
          Hopefully he meant ......he won't fight on the undercard without a guarantee fight with Floyd.

But will still fight Trout on his own date.

Comment

yeah that would be weak if he dodges trout because of floyd and then turns around and fights on the card anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashy Larryx View Post
              Well guess Canelo haters can fall back now
              No not at all. Why is cAnelo making demands that Floyd has to sign or be won't fight trout? Wtf is that

Comment

Does Canelo knows that the Mayweather fight only looks attractive to people if he fights and beats Trout?

Comment

Originally posted by LHRH89 View Post
                  In an article posted today by RECORD, a mexican sports newspaper Canelo talked about not being too thrilled about fighting on the undercard of Mayweather's next fight. Says that he will fight on the undercard and that no one is on his list other than Trout. Canelo says he is just waiting for Trout to sign and Mayweather to sign and agree for a September fight against him and if he doesn't he will not fight on May 4. The link is below.

http://www.record.com.mx/article/ser...canelo-alvarez
                  Maybe I am interpreting that wrong, but to me that sounds like thats the fight he WANTS, and MAY get, but not necessarily.

I hate to be a pessimist, but I just don't see it happening, they'll offer Austin short money or something will happen.

Also, I very much agree that if this fight were to come off, it should be it's own event. Mayweather will do his numbers no matter who he fights.

Canelo/Trout is one of the better fights to be made at 54 and both fighters will be underpaid, Trout especially, by putting a fight of this magnitude on the undercard of the Mayweather fight; even though each fighter would be gaining the kind of exposure that money can't buy.

Comment

A Trout/Canelo fight should be a headliner on its own. It is just way to far to sign a Sept. fight. This is boxing and anything can happen that would take away the luster of that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGBOXINGFAN View Post
                      Easy duck move by Canelo lol.
                      His team knows Floyd fights when he wants to fight and will not sign that type of contract.

SO Canelo is using a Floyd contract to duck Trout.
                      Hopefully he meant ......he won't fight on the undercard without a guarantee fight with Floyd.

But will still fight Trout on his own date.
                      It sounds like he is forcing Floyd's hand so Floyd can't avoid him.....I don't see how it could possibly be interpreted any other way.

Comment

Working...
                      X