Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo confirms trout is next but Floyd has to sign for Sep.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So he wants Mayweather to sign to fight him whether he wins or loses against Trout? If so then I don't see Mayweather signing for this fight

Comment

Fighting Trout is the most competitive fight for him right now. I like it, if it is in fact true.

Comment

The alternative is just take Canelo off the May 4th card and let Canelo vs. Trout stand on its own (which it probably should). That way he can get a share of the PPV revenue as opposed to being on an undercard where he probably gets none of it.

Comment

Big props to canelo if he does fight trout, if the fight gets signed what are the odds on something happening to trout though before they get in the ring, ala Kirkland , Ortiz , Williams

Comment

I made a thread about this last week and it looks like Canelo's sticking to his guns.
            People say Floyd is making good business decisions when he cherry picks made for him opponents but this is an equally good business move by ginger. I have a feeling Floyd has no intention of fighting Canelo, or possibly anyone, later this year.
            Canelo has nothing to lose. He either gets his guarantee and fights in May or he doesn't and headlines his own card before or after Cinco De Mayo.
            A lot of people were saying that Canelo didn't have the pull for this kind of move but obviously Golden Boy thinks differently as they would have moved on by now. Its apparent how important Canelo is to their Cinco De Mayo plans. A Guerrero/Floyd fight doesn't move the needle by itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
              So he wants Mayweather to sign to fight him whether he wins or loses against Trout? If so then I don't see Mayweather signing for this fight
              Canelo probably feels like this is the only way to get a fight with him since beating down on WW's/JWW's and old people isn't working

Comment

I don't see Mayweather signing such a contract. There is a possibility that Trout beats Canelo and the hype surrounding him will take a hit. Not sure why these two clowns don't just fight each other now. Fuck Guerrero/Bradley/Trout.

Comment

God I hope this is true.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                    The alternative is just take Canelo off the May 4th card and let Canelo vs. Trout stand on its own (which it probably should). That way he can get a share of the PPV revenue as opposed to being on an undercard where he probably gets none of it.
                    He should fight Trout whether he can get a guarantee for a Mayweather fight or not.

Comment

Something tells me Floyd won't have an opponent in Sept, and not because he's not signing to fight Canelo.

Comment

Working...
                      X