Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Zab beats Garcia and becomes lineal champ at 140 will that get him to the HOF?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    He failed a drug test leading up to a fight after his win over Khan, not after a fight, erasing the Khan win. His win over Khan still exists. Whats the point of dropping him from the Ring rankings exactly? JCC is still in there and he failed one post fight, as was Berto. Only reason they dropped Peterson is just to make khan a ring Champ. Since when do they drop guys for failing drug tests?
    Of course it doesn't erase his win over Khan. It just dropped him out of the rankings meaning Khan and Garcia were #1 and #2 by default.

When did Chavez Jr fail a drug test? I missed that.

And Berto was dropped from the rankings also.

And again, The Ring weren't the only people to drop him.

So what you're saying about The Ring's attempt to put the belt on him doesn't add up. In regards to the reason's being given.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashy Larryx View Post
      Berto was dropped as well

Ring Ratings Update: Those who fail drug tests are out
      by Michael Rosenthal
      Jul 10th, 2012
      SHARE THIS STORY

The recent spate of failed drug tests has underscored an obvious – and troubling – problem in boxing.

Thus, THE RING Editorial Board decided it was time to make a strong statement: From now on, any fighter who tests positive for a banned substance will immediately be removed from THE RING Ratings.

That fighter would be reinstated if the testing agency reverses its decision. And he will be allowed to earn his way back into the ratings after any suspension.

Here is the new RING policy:

THE RING will remove from its ratings any rated fighter – including a champion – if such fighter at some point undergoes drug testing (Olympic-style or otherwise) and that fighter tests positve for a banned substance.

In the event that a fighter has undergone testing in which the fighter provides two samples ("A" and "B") and the fighter's "A" and subsequent “B” samples test positive for a banned substance or if his “A” sample tests positive and he waives his right to have the “B” sample tested then the fighter shall immediately be removed from the ratings.

A fighter whose “A” sample tested positive and is awaiting the results of his “B” sample will not be allowed to fight for a championship or rise in the ratings.

A fighter who is removed because of a postitive test will have the opportunity to earn his way back into the ratings after any suspension period is completed.

A fighter who is dropped also may be reinstated if the testing agency subsequently reverses its decision or a court of competent jursidiction finds that the test result was invalid.

This means that Andre Berto, who had been rated No. 3 in the welterweight division, and Lamont Peterson, No. 1 at junior welterweight, have been removed from THE RING Ratings.

Berto’s rematch with Victor Ortiz, scheduled for June 23 in Los Angeles, was canceled after Berto tested positive (both “A” and “B” samples) for the steroid norandrosterone. Peterson tested positive (“A” and “B”) for synthetic testosterone, which scuttled his May 19 rematch with Amir Khan in Las Vegas.

Peterson, who said he had a testosterone pellet implanted for medical reasons, has applied for a license with the Nevada State Athletic Commission and is awaiting a hearing. He must convince the commissioners that the violation was inadvertent.

Berto and Peterson were tested by the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association.

Cruiserweight Antonio Tarver tested posititive for the steroid drostanolone after he fought to a draw with Lateef Kayode on June 2 in Carson, Calif. The California State Athletic Commission, which conducted that test, suspended Tarver for a year.

However, Tarver will remain in the ratings for now because he has said he will exercise his right to have his “B” sample tested. THE RING will not make a decision on its No. 6-rated 200-pounder until the process has played out.

The decision to drop Peterson elevates Nos. 2 and 3 junior welterweights Amir Khan and Danny Garcia to Nos. 1 and 2. Thus, their fight on Saturday in Las Vegas will be for THE RING 140-pound championship.

RING RATINGS UPDATE

Heavyweight: Tony Thompson (No. 10 last week) drops out after his sixth-round knockout loss to Wladimir Klitschko on Saturday in Switzerland. Odlanier Solis (18-1, 12 knockouts), coming off a unanimous-decision victory over Konstantin Airich in May, enters at No. 10.

Welterweight: Selcuk Aydin (23-0, 18 KOs) fills the opening created by the departure of Berto created, coming in at No. 10.

Junior welterweight: Denis Shafikov (29-0-1, 17 KOs) replaces Lamont Peterson in the ratings, also entering at No. 10.

Junior bantamweight: Yota Sato (No. 4 last week) switches places with Hugo Cazares (No. 3 last week) after easily outpointing Sylvester Lopez on Sunday in Japan.
      How about Julio Chavez? He failed a drug test yet is still ranked

Anyway yea they dropped him but how does Rings "new rule" change where a fighter is ranked? Look at it this way, if ONLY Ring didnt drop peterson, we wouldbt be calling Garcia a lineal champ in this thread. So since when did the Ring decide news rules to becoming a lineal champ exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Of course it doesn't erase his win over Khan. It just dropped him out of the rankings meaning Khan and Garcia were #1 and #2 by default.

So what you're saying about The Ring's attempt to put the belt on him doesn't add up. In regards to the reason's being given
        Chavez failed the drug test right after the Sergio fight

Yea but you see the Ring belt following a lineage. If the Ring didnt drop peterson, would you still think Garcia is the lineal champ?

Comment

JCC Jr. got popped for marijuana I don't think stimulants are what The Ring was trying to take a stand against.

Comment

How about Julio Chavez? He failed a drug test yet is still ranked

Anyway yea they dropped him but how does Rings "new rule" change where a fighter is ranked? Look at it this way, if ONLY Ring didnt drop peterson, we wouldbt be calling Garcia a lineal champ in this thread. So since when did the Ring decide news rules to becoming a lineal champ exactly?
            guess they have to wait till the ruling next month

Comment

So what you're saying about The Ring's attempt to put the belt on him doesn't add up. In regards to the reason's being given.
              he has failed 2 tests in his career most recently for Marijuana

Comment

Chavez failed the drug test right after the Sergio fight

Yea but you see the Ring belt following a lineage. If the Ring didnt drop peterson, would you still think Garcia is the lineal champ?
                Oh yes! For Marajuna wasn't it? I completely forgot about that.

No I don't see The Ring belt following a Lineage. I'm just using their rankings to explain why many consider it a re-opening of the Lineage. Me personally? I don't care and in all honestly, with all the new belts and such I struggle to follow who is the Lineal Champion now. It's open for interpretation a lot of the time anyway.

And if Peterson didn't fail his test and thus dropped then no I wouldn't consider Garcia the Lineal Champion. I find the notion of him being it laughable regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                  JCC Jr. got popped for marijuana I don't think stimulants are what The Ring was trying to take a stand against.
                  Here is the new RING policy:

THE RING will remove from its ratings any rated fighter – including a champion – if such fighter at some point undergoes drug testing (Olympic-style or otherwise) and that fighter tests positve for a banned substance.

Weed is a banned substance.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashy Larryx View Post
                    guess they have to wait till the ruling next month
                    Ruling for what? He failed the drug test, 4 months ago. THey're going against their own rules

Comment

Oh yes! For Marajuna wasn't it? I completely forgot about that.

No I don't see The Ring belt following a Lineage. I'm just using their rankings to explain why many consider it a re-opening of the Lineage. Me personally? I don't care and in all honestly, with all the new belts and such I struggle to follow who is the Lineal Champion now. It's open for interpretation a lot of the time anyway.

And if Peterson didn't fail his test and thus dropped then no I wouldn't consider Garcia the Lineal Champion. I find the notion of him being it laughable regardless.
                      Thats because a lineal champ should be easy to figure out, #1 v #2, thats its.

No im saying if the Ring didnt make up this new rule and didnt drop him with a failed test, would you consider him a lineal champ

Comment

Working...
                      X