Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has taken on the riskier fights in their career; Manny or Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
    im a floyd fan i just wondered why he didnt keep it in the middle of the ring it was wierd but i doubt he dumbed himself down to make the fight look competitive
    What did Floyd say before his figth with Cotto?

"I`m gonna bang with Cotto".Who invited Cotto to come fight in the corner while Floyd back was on the corner?Floyd did.

Go watch the fight again,i believe its somewhere between the 3 and 6th round.Floyd while his back was on the ropes, invites Cotto to come and fight him in the corner and that`s after Floyd was taking Cotto to school.

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
      That describes this thread perfectly.
      Maybe the posts, but not the poll.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
        What did Floyd say before his figth with Cotto?

"I`m gonna bang with Cotto".Who invited Cotto to come fight in the corner while Floyd back was on the corner?Floyd did.

Go watch the fight again,i believe its somewhere between the 3 and 6th round.Floyd while his back was on the ropes, invites Cotto to come and fight him in the corner and that`s after Floyd was taking Cotto to school.
        this is true. and before the mosley fight he said i'm going to take a couple bombs on my chin and do the judah chicken dance. then he did it!

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          The posts are horrendous. U wanna say the poll is accurate, OK but the reasoning is absolute crap and that describes 95% of the posts in this thread. Lol. Not enough sane good posters around here anymore. Its sad.

Comment

• Both WERE great champions prior to them becoming famous though.

I remember how Floyd would fight almost anyone and Pac went to war against very good fighters.. They both took a lot of risks prior to their PPV stardom

If Floyd and Pac never became famous, I think both of them would be held in much higher regard among hard core boxing fans..

but they won't be anywhere near as successful.

Comment

• Ironically it is the fall of heavyweights in America that have led to the careers of Pacquaio and Floyd.

Imagine if they were in Ali's era? Or even the 90's. with Tyson-Holyfield-Lewis-Bowe getting all the big fights and hype.

They would not be the faces of boxing, they would not have had multi million dollar pay days.. They would have fought everyone.

Without a Tyson or a Ali. the lower weights rule supreme and as a result Floyd and Pac are kings. Which obviously lead to them cherry picking at times.

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                The posts are horrendous. U wanna say the poll is accurate, OK but the reasoning is absolute crap and that describes 95% of the posts in this thread. Lol. Not enough sane good posters around here anymore. Its sad.
                I'd say the nuthugger votes are split evenly. It's not 50 Pac trolls making up those votes for Pac.

The posts are horrendous because good posters don't bother arguing for the most part. You have guys like IronDan who try and discuss things rationally with people, but for the most part good posters post who they voted for and don't bother responding to the stupid posts that quote them.

Comment

I wasn't talking about the poll.

Comment

I'd say the nuthugger votes are split evenly. It's not 50 Pac trolls making up those votes for Pac.

The posts are horrendous because good posters don't bother arguing for the most part. You have guys like IronDan who try and discuss things rationally with people, but for the most part good posters post who they voted for and don't bother responding to the stupid posts that quote them.
                    Doesn't matter which side the reasoning is on, its clear ppl react just to react. Antonio Margarito a risky fight? Bull****. Things like that just shows me ppl are really fooled by the hype machines. U can't say Floyd looks for weaknesses and psst prime fighters and then ignore the fact that Manny fought both Morales and Cotto.at the lowest points in.their careers at the time. How do ppl rationalize their arguments? Seems more like a pathetic fan war to me

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                      Doesn't matter which side the reasoning is on, its clear ppl react just to react. Antonio Margarito a risky fight? Bull****. Things like that just shows me ppl are really fooled by the hype machines. U can't say Floyd looks for weaknesses and psst prime fighters and then ignore the fact that Manny fought both Morales and Cotto.at the lowest points in.their careers at the time. How do ppl rationalize their arguments? Seems more like a pathetic fan war to me
                      Well you have to remember, Bob Arum said that Margarito is a tough fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X