Comments Thread For: Matthysse Hopes Dallas Doesn't Run, Stands and Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBP View Post
    Why is this fight happening again?
    Cuz Danny Garcia is ducking and Hank Lundy pulled out.

Comment

Cause Lundy had to fall out due to contractual issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztec Wanker View Post
        Cuz Danny Garcia is ducking and Hank Lundy pulled out.
        It's a damn shame when a top guy in the division is fighting ESPN level fighters.

Comment

Garcia opted to fight Lucas left over and avoid Lucas himself.

Comment

I have a feeling Dallas jr is gonna run all night

Comment

It's a damn shame when a top guy in the division is fighting ESPN level fighters.
              It's a damn shame, especially since Gbp is protecting Garcia when they have a jewel in lucas

Comment

i find it funny how many boxing fans "appreciate" running, like one earlier poster said theres a difference between boxing and running. Floyd Mayweather is not agressive, but he boxes defensively which is appreciated. But guys like abril, alexander (vs maidana) just stink out the joint by running or holding, its pathetic.. it turns fans off and its cowardly

Comment

Even if they want to protect Garcia, there's better fights out there. Why does Matthysse being fed Lundy who isn't even a 140 pounder and now this club fighter who just won the WBO Latino championship in his last fight.

And now they want to bloat him up to 147 to face Maidana? For what? While Mosley and Berto get put in line for title shots.

I never thought I would say this but Top Rank has been destroying Golden Boy when it comes to quality of fights. Say what you want about Arum but he put his cash cow in there with Martinez, he gave us Rios/Alvarado, Pac/Marquez IV was epic, he put Juanma and Gatcia in there with Salido and now he's working on Donaire vs Rigo. They can't even get Mares a legit fight at 122.

**** Broner vs Rees and Canelo vs Josesito Lopez
                  Last edited by -PBP-; 01-24-2013, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Even if they want to protect Garcia, there's better fights out there. Why does Matthysse being fed Lundy who isn't even a 140 pounder and now this club fighter who just won the WBO Latino championship in his last fight.

And now they want to bloat him up to 147 to face Maidana? For what? While Mosley and Berto get put in line for title shots.

I never thought I would say this but Top Rank has been destroying Golden Boy when it comes to quality of fights. Say what you want about Arum but he put his cash cow in there with Martinez, he gave us Rios/Alvarado, Pac/Marquez IV was epic, he put Juanma and Gatcia in there with Salido and now he's working on Donaire vs Rigo. They can't even get Mares a legit fight at 122.

**** Broner vs Rees and Canelo vs Josesito Lopez
                    I agree with this^^^^ . I'm done with GBP. I wish Lucas could move to Toprank and fight Rios. It would be epic.

Comment

Virgil Hunter is no fool, he'll train Dallas to move and use angles. but once Matthysse starts to connect, I think it will be all over.

Golden Boy loves putting Matthysse in against boxers hoping he'll lose but he just keeps winning (or getting robbed) and that's why fans respect him.

Golden Boy is really mismanaging Matthysse. cut the crap and put him in against Garcia. I think almost everybody would rather see that fight than Matthysse against Dallas or Garcia against Judah

this they refuse to give him meaningful matches they should just let him go to a promoter who will

Comment

Working...
                      X