Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Malignaggi-Berto, Matthysse-Maidana Bouts Are Possible

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maidana and Lucas does seem odd and I'm uncomfortable with it but if Lucas wins it builds more hype. Putting him on a card with names like Berto and Paulie gives him more exposure and makes a fight with between Lucas and Danny more desirable and possibly more desirable than a Khan rematch (unlikely considering Danny is chasing paper right now). Could be what GBP has in mind, but **** who knows the promotion game is so crooked

Comment

Originally posted by -BORICUA- View Post
      Stupid! Should be maidana-malignaggi and Garcia-Matthyse.
      yes, these are the fights that are suppose to be happening. such a shame if neither of these get made next. both maidana and matthysse deserve their title shots against these champs. gbp should really try pushing their two argentines, i don't understand what they're doing with them.

Comment

One thing we do know is that these promoters are greedy and all for themselves in the sport of boxing. I think the fighters would fight anyone if the promoters were behind them but the promoters want what they want and those are the fights we get.

Comment

This is crap. As good of a fight Lucas-Maidana would be, Lucas should be fighting Garcia.

& im not even going to post about Paulie-Berto, i might throw up

Comment

Stop protecting garcia shaefer

Comment

There is no better fighter example of what's wrong with boxing than Andre Berto.

Comment

Oh hey, you lost your last fight? Here's a title fight!

I swear, sometimes the best way to get a title fight is to lose...

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                  Of course its a great fight but it doesnt need to be made right away, there will always be a demand for it especially in argentina. GB wants to cannibalize their argentines against each other to protect garcia and berto.
                  Good point this fight would take a chunk out of both if it is the war people think it will be. It would be bad for the longevity of both Matthysse and Maidana. Especially when Matthysse could get a deserved full title shot at Garcia and Maidana could get a full title shot at Malignaggi. Then they can make this fight that way atleast an alphabet title adds a little luster.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
                    yes, these are the fights that are suppose to be happening. such a shame if neither of these get made next. both maidana and matthysse deserve their title shots against these champs. gbp should really try pushing their two argentines, i don't understand what they're doing with them.
                    I hate this crap I'm one of Danny's biggest fans on here and would be pissed if he didn't fight Lucas.

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
                      If Malignaggi beats Berto, does he then get Floyd?
                      Of course, he's the keeper to the Mayweather dungeon.
                      Originally posted by Cubanborn87 View Post
                      danny boy dont want none of it
                      No sirrr

Comment

Working...
                      X