No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Opponent Selected, Announcement Coming

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tlarry View Post
    Junior thinks Guerrero is to straight up and down, slow hand speed, one dimensional, methodical, slow on foot, star struck, will succumb to Floyd's antics and hype leading up to the fight. A slow Mexican who will take a rat-a-tat-tat from Junior, making it a safe trip to the bank. And he may be right. But that's not what Legends are made of. You think Hagler, Leonard, Hearns, Duran, Arguello, Chavez Sr, managed their careers that way? Even Oscar and Shane Mosley had more ballz and courage than Junior. If Junior shocked the world, enveiled the biggest secret in the history of Boxing, and announced he was fighting Manny Pacquiao, the fight would completely sell out in less than an hour. Even after the KO loss to Marquez, Junior STILL won't fight Manny, because no matter what, Manny is too big of a threat...STILL. Junior will say he's not 'marketable', he's on 'the downhill side of his career'.... really????? You wouldnt' fight him when he agreed to all your terms, your percentages, your random testing. Floyd JUNIOR is a phony. And if you think there's a chance he'll fight Canello, you should be drug tested. Junior made Cotto and Mosley wait more than 10 years to fight him; they were too risky & dangerous in their prime. He's done the same thing, making Manny wait for more than 4 years, saying it's this, or it's that, or it's this.... Not what Legends are made of. He'll never fight Canello.
    and you must have never heard of sugar ray leonard vs donny lalone have you? wait that was a stupid question. of course you never heard of this fight. it was a fight where sugar ray won belts in two different wt classes by beating a little heard of bum. so dont talk about what a fighter will and will not do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Starz20 View Post
      When Mosley walked in the ring after Floyd beat Marquez, and destroyed Margirito everybody was like "Floyd is scared of Shane and Pac." When Floyd did fight him, and beat him clearly from round 3-12 all of a sudden Shane got old?

But look at his last fight with Margarito and tell me how old he looked? The thing with Pac this is his resume after fighting Cotto in 09'

ALL *******S Listen up! March 2010 He fought Joshua Clottey who lost to Cotto correct? He fought Antonio Maragito who got knocked out by Shane his last fight and had a year suspension correct?

He then fought Mosley, who got his ass whooped by Floyd had a draw with Sergio Mora... Who? Then he fights Pac in 2011! So those 3 opponents faced Pac coming off of loses how come nobody gives Pac hell for that?

Fast forward he fights Marquez in November 2011' gets a gift decision that 75-80% of the boxing world thought Marquez won the 3rd fight. So he is still on collision to face Mayweather Now Arum says "We have to build a stadium, Pac has a cutt that needs to be healed, I don't know who to contact for Floyd," the list goes on and on. Then he fights Bradley I gave him the nod on that fight, he didn't look good but he beat Bradley.

He faces Marquez for the 4th time last month and got put too sleep, left snoring, by a 40 year old Marquez. I say that to say, none of these dudes is on Floyd's level! People keep acting like Floyd doesn't age or something, they say "This fighter is getting old, or that fighter is old" but he will be 36 next month. I said this before and I will say it again, NOBODY here can talk boxing facts with me and try and discredit what I am saying. So yeah people were excited about the Floyd/Mosley fight until the ass whooping came.
      good post!!!!! but pac hacks dont bother themselves with little annoying things like facts and truth. they really believe floyd was afraid of pac and was running from that fight. slob arum has a history of ruining good fights by being too greedy.

Comment

• how can you say he is not the face of boxing your hate blinds you.

Comment

• if you cant hold his fighting ability to a higher standard then how can you hold his opponents he picks to a higher standard?

Comment

• Originally posted by Starz20 View Post
            So when Mayweather fought Mosley, De La Hoya he gets full credit for that then doesn't he? So where is the cherrypicking? Mosley got done DESTROYING Maragritto before that fight.

So if Marquez age isn't a factor which he is the oldest out of them all, than neither are the guys that Mayweather fought when he beat them. And Mayweather dominated a 3 year younger version of Marquez. Like I said so since age isn't a factor where did Floyd cherry pick?? I am listening
            Shane Mosley is 41 I think!

Comment

• Originally posted by NatiKid View Post
              how can you say he is not the face of boxing your hate blinds you.
              Because he isn't... noone is the "face" of boxing like Tyson or Ali were. In fact hes nowhere even close, because outside of the US and maybe Mexico, noone even knows who Mayweather is, or cares for that matter.

Mayweather maybe the most popular boxer in the US, but thats all.

Boxing is a much more global sport today.

But as for this opponent thing, I like Guerrero, he has the boxers heart.
              Last edited by techliam; 01-24-2013, 06:27 AM.

Comment

• Is this whole withholding the opponent supposed to be one of those "master business" moves that Floyd's fans always talk about? "Marketing genius!!!"

Floyd vs Guerrero will be watched by millions via stream.

Comment

• Guerra Ghost

Many boxing fans don't give Robert the credit he deserves. While he would certainly be the underdog if this fight is made, I expect him to give Floyd a tough, fight. In case you don't speak Spanish, Guerrero literally means warrior.

Comment

• Originally posted by American Dream View Post
                    bwaahaha
                    PAC got tucked in by a 40 yr old who was juiced up by hernandez! Testing was conducted that jmm was clean, my ass marquez was clean! The truth willl always come out. Hernandez is the master of creating undetectable drugs! Proven before and what is stopping him of doing it again. Jmm can could've chosen other strength & conditioning coach but y did jmm chose hernandez? Hhhmmmmm.

Comment

• Originally posted by techliam View Post
                      Because he isn't... noone is the "face" of boxing like Tyson or Ali were. In fact hes nowhere even close, because outside of the US and maybe Mexico, noone even knows who Mayweather is, or cares for that matter.

Mayweather maybe the most popular boxer in the US, but thats all.

Boxing is a much more global sport today.

But as for this opponent thing, I like Guerrero, he has the boxers heart.
                      I think he might be a little known outside of those countries also.

I'm going out on a limb here.

Comment

Working...
                      X