Comments Thread For: Mayweather Opponent Selected, Announcement Coming

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
    Does it take this long to cherry pick an opponent? :ANYWORD:
    Yeah like Pac fighting a 40 year old Marquez making him move up in wieght and still getting knocked out?? So what are you really saying chump

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      I hope Floyd doesn't use a shady referee to prevent Guerrero from fighting on the inside (like he did for his fight with Hatton).

I'd love to see Guerrero win.

It would be great for the public image of boxing to have a good man like Robert as P4P #1 instead of a woman-beater like Floyd.
      Shut your sweet ass up, "We need Guerrero to be # 1 not Floyd," you sound like a female holmes!

Comment

So much for Floyd-Bradley, oh well. Guerrero is good too.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
          Where did Floyd say or even suggest he's trying to fool anyone of anything?
          He said the guerrero fight is just a rumor.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Well, Guererro used to be a Super Featherweight so really he's a Super Featherweight for life.

Oh wait, so was Mayweather. Never mind.
            Guerrero fought at 122 and was at 126 for much of his career.

Floyd started at 130 and he hasn't been able to fight at a weight lower than 147 for years (he refused the Hatton fight at Ricky's preferred fighting weight of 140).

Floyd is the naturally bigger man than Guerrero.

PLEASE don't hug Floyd's nuts so hard! You're liable to burst them.

Comment

Floyd held both WBC 147 and 154 titles after the DLH fight. Hatton had some ****ty a$$ IBO 140 strap that he took off a long-gone JLC. No reason to go to 140. Besides Hatton already moved up to 147 the year before and won the WBA 147 belt off Collazo.

I don't think Floyd "'couldn't" make the CW for Marquez. I think he didn't care and knew the fight would go on regardless. ****ty move on his part, even if it was a tune-up and nobody expected anything less than a domination.

You're wrong.

He refused to fight Hatton at 140 in 2007.

Floyd couldn't make the catchweight of 145 for his fight with JMM.

Comment

Floyd started at 130 and he hasn't been able to fight at a weight lower than 147 for years (he refused the Hatton fight at Ricky's preferred fighting weight of 140).

Man....where to begin....

Guerrero won two fights at 147 against Top 10 WW's, he's a Welterweight now. It's like saying Floyd fighting Manny would have been him fighting a Flyweight.....

And it was Hatton and his team that didn't want that fight. S**t, even after the Collazo fight in early 06' Hatton acknowledged that he wasn't ready for Floyd at that time.

Did you expect Floyd to fight Hatton at 140 in 2007, after not being at that weight for 2 years??? Plus all fighting at 147 meant for Hatton was cutting less weight.

Comment

who would you be happy with exactly someone bigger then floyd?

Comment

Of course Mayweather is naturally bigger than Guererro. Not by a huge margin, but he is bigger. Where did I state otherwise? Please, go ahead and quote me.

What about Canelo? He's the same size as Mayweather, right? Because Mayweather couldn't make 144.

Did the fact Canelo couldn't make 150 slip your mind?

Comment

You're wrong.

He refused to fight Hatton at 140 in 2007.

Floyd couldn't make the catchweight of 145 for his fight with JMM.
                      Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                      especially in front of them!
                      Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
                      Guerrero is actually a little taller than Floyd, younger than Floyd, and has moved up in weight successfully so I don't get why people would suggest he's not worthy of fighting Floyd.

Is it because he doesn't have devastating knockout power? Is it because people are so obsessed with seeing Floyd lose that they don't want to see him fight anybody who's not a KO artist?

I think so.

PS
                      If Floyd fought and beat Canelo I think his detractors would call Canelo an inexperienced kid.
                      Ita not a myth that Floyd has trouble with Soutpaws, Chop Chop, Zab, Sharmba have all touched Floyd and they all were southpaws, Floyd senior gave Roger instructions when he took over training to keep Floyd away from Soutpaws, His defense is much better againt righties and he has to abandon thwe shoulder roll for the high guard against southpaws. I know Mayweather. Guerrero will be a tough fight he will win but its not going to be as easy as you think

Comment

Working...
                      X