No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Opponent Selected, Announcement Coming

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Riggsy Pooh View Post
    yes because floyd is the same size as canelo.
    But but but, Mayweather couldn't make a catchweight of 144.

Let's just ignore the fact Canelo couldn't make a catchweight of 150.

Canelo can't even make the weight that Mayweather walks to the ring at

Yet they're the same size? I mean, come on. This is just getting too much at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by dnash1911 View Post
      Im a Mayweather fan and the Ghost is the only fighter other than Canelo that has a chance against Floyd bc hes taller, Southpaw (which gives Floyd Trouble) and has a longer reach, Floyd has long arms and usually controls distance, Guerrero is a live underdog, Tougher than Cotto for Floyd
      You must not be a true Mayweather fan. Not because you think a fighter has a chance, but because you think Guerrero has a chance. Guerrero is only 5'8 same as floyd and his reach is 2 inches shorter than floyd 72 to 70 . It's a myth that southpaws gives floyd a tough time. Fighters' whom are athletically gifted that can match floyd with their speed gives floyd a challenge, judah, mosley, and a younger corley had fast hands. Guerrero has none of those attributes. Don't lie to yourself to make Guerrero fit that mold of fighter

Comment

Guerrero is actually a little taller than Floyd, younger than Floyd, and has moved up in weight successfully so I don't get why people would suggest he's not worthy of fighting Floyd.

Is it because he doesn't have devastating knockout power? Is it because people are so obsessed with seeing Floyd lose that they don't want to see him fight anybody who's not a KO artist?

I think so.

PS
        If Floyd fought and beat Canelo I think his detractors would call Canelo an inexperienced kid.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
          Who does Mayweather think he's fooling, it's obviously Guerrero.
          Where did Floyd say or even suggest he's trying to fool anyone of anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
            Guerrero is actually a little taller than Floyd, younger than Floyd, and has moved up in weight successfully so I don't get why people would suggest he's not worthy of fighting Floyd.

Is it because he doesn't have devastating knockout power? Is it because people are so obsessed with seeing Floyd lose that they don't want to see him fight anybody who's not a KO artist?

I think so.

PS
            If Floyd fought and beat Canelo I think his detractors would call Canelo an inexperienced kid.
            Well, Guererro used to be a Super Featherweight so really he's a Super Featherweight for life.

Oh wait, so was Mayweather. Never mind.

Comment

Watch....Floyd/Josesito Lopez and Canelo/Danny Garcia

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post

I think so.

PS
                I agree with part of what you said, but both floyd and guerrero are both listed @ 5'8 showtime, espn, hbo has always listed them both @ that height as well as boxrec.com Also floyd's reach is longer 72-70

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  It seems to start at hate and then form into ******ity.

Which actually have people saying Canelo and Mayweather are the same size
                  Hate does not have to be logical or reasonable~ in fact hate generally overrides both.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                    It will be:

1) a smaller man like Timothy Bradley or Robert Guerrero

2) some faded old guy like Shane Mosley

3) someone who is both smaller and old: JMM

It won't be: someone in his prime who is Floyd's size: Canelo Alvarez.

Your talking about the same small and old JMM that slept Pac? Just curious

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      Watch....Floyd/Josesito Lopez and Canelo/Danny Garcia
                      Yeah......No.

Comment

Working...
                      X