Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Floyd) Me fighting Robert Guerrero is just a rumor.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe Top Rank has agreed to let Bradley fight Floyd on the GB card in exchange for Mares to fight Donaire with Top Rank.

Comment

Originally posted by -BORICUA- View Post
      It's Guerrero easy money!
      I wouldnt bet it being easy!

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        Difference between Guerrero and those guys is that if it isn't Guerrero or Alvarez, then who? Bradley's Top Rank, the other Golden Boy options are tied up, so who else would he fight? Its Guerrero or Alvarez, unless Mayweather completely shocks everyone.
        Though it's unlikely, I could envision Golden Boy paying Top Rank a flat fee for Bradley's use. Just like Top Rank paid Golden Boy for Lara's use last November, only on a bigger scale obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          Difference between Guerrero and those guys is that if it isn't Guerrero or Alvarez, then who? Bradley's Top Rank, the other Golden Boy options are tied up, so who else would he fight? Its Guerrero or Alvarez, unless Mayweather completely shocks everyone.
          I think Guerrero will end up being the choice but it wouldn't surprise me if Floyd just received the offer today. He doesn't take part in the negotiations so he probably just learned about his "options".

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
          But I thought Floyd was his own boss and GBP doesn't own him?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
          He's a GBP fighter. When has he ever promoted a fight without GBP?

Comment

Originally posted by Big_L
            Maybe Top Rank has agreed to let Bradley fight Floyd on the GB card in exchange for Mares to fight Donaire with Top Rank.
            Mares is a much bigger name than Bradley. Guerrero would probably make Mayweather more money than Bradley too. So it wouldn't make sense for GBP to do this trade.

Comment

Mares is a much bigger name than Bradley. Guerrero would probably make Mayweather more money than Bradley too. So it wouldn't make sense for GBP to do this trade.

it would if thats who floyd wanted to fight. maybe he didn't want gurerrero.

floyd vs. anybody is bigger than donaire/mares

Comment

Originally posted by PBP
                Quote:

Originally Posted by bojangles1987

I think Guerrero will end up being the choice but it wouldn't surprise me if Floyd just received the offer today. He doesn't take part in the negotiations so he probably just learned about his "options".

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

He's a GBP fighter. When has he ever promoted a fight without GBP?
                That's exactly my point my man (i was being sarcastic). But some people will try to argue it.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                  I wouldnt bet it being easy!
                  Nah the fight won't be easy it's just easy money that Guerrero is the opponent it's been that way since November 24th after the ghost smashed berto.

Comment

They don't own him.

He has a close relationship with them and if he is working with them then they help select his opponent etc.

If he was working with someone else for a specific fight, the same thing would occur.

This is common sense here.

Comment

Originally posted by -BORICUA- View Post
                      Nah the fight won't be easy it's just easy money that Guerrero is the opponent it's been that way since November 24th after the ghost smashed berto.
                      IMO...i think people underestimate that fight. Me personally , id rather see that fight than Canelo vs Floyd. I think Canelo is a bigger risk to fight...but as far as watching a good fight...Floyd/Guerrero will be a fight. Guerrero will make it a fight. I think Floyd will have to dig in this fight and not slip. Floyd looks good when its going his way. Dont think Guerrero will give him his way!

Then again Guerrero may choke up and fold under pressure.....nahhh!

Comment

Working...
                      X