No announcement yet.

the myth mexicans...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Evol View Post
    Umm maybe they buy it because Floyd happens to be fighting one of their country men and also on a day where they celebrate? U don't think this plays a big part in Floyd making huge numbers? Lets see Floyd fight Someone that's not Mexican in March, do u think his numbers will be high still? I think not.
    So Shane Mosley and Miguel Cotto are Mexicans now

Comment

Umm maybe they buy it because Floyd happens to be fighting one of their country men and also on a day where they celebrate? U don't think this plays a big part in Floyd making huge numbers? Lets see Floyd fight Someone that's not Mexican in March, do u think his numbers will be high still? I think not.
      Ummm cotto, mosley, ortiz all non mexican. All million plus. ( ortiz is american)

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
        But you don't really know do you? Second, isn't what Floyd is doing smart? Of course not. If you can knock Floyd, knockem. Even if you don't have a point, knockem anyway right?
        Of course what he's doing is smart business wise, I never said it wasn't. I was saying that's a big reason why he makes these type of numbers it's because of the day he chooses to fight and who his opponent is. But u guys come on here trying to make it seems like floyd does it all on his own. lol

Comment

• Floyd fought Shane, Dlh and Cotto in May, and fought Marquez and Ortiz in September. Outside of Dlh, who was the bigger attraction than Floyd in May and September? Oh, Cinco De Mayo and Mexican Independence Day.

Comment

Of course what he's doing is smart business wise, I never said it wasn't. I was saying that's a big reason why he makes these type of numbers it's because of the day he chooses to fight and who his opponent is. But u guys come on here trying to make it seems like floyd does it all on his own. lol
            No, you come on here like Floyd isn't a big part of these ppv's. Outside of Dlh, you have no leg to stand on with your pathetic outlook on Floyd's ppv's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jordank View Post
              Ummm cotto, mosley, ortiz all non mexican. All million plus. ( ortiz is american)
              Just 2 then? Lol. And ortiz is Mexican American.

Comment

• People are going to the fight to see Floyd Mayweather win or lose period point blank; nobody is buying or attending to see anybody on the undercard they just add to the event.

Comment

• Cotto, Shane, Ortiz, and Marquez have headlined and sold how many ppv's without Floyd or Pac's name?

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                    No, you come on here like Floyd isn't a big part of these ppv's. Outside of Dlh, you have no leg to stand on with your pathetic outlook on Floyd's ppv's.
                    Now your reaching to far haha when did I ever say Floyd doesn't play a role in making these numbers?? Why do u guys always want Floyd to have all the credit? Why not recognized the other people that helps with the success? Just like how u guys go and say Floyd promotes his own fight he's his own boss he doesn't fight for golden boy etc lol. Man U guys make it seems like u get a piece of the money Floyd gets lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by dc3383
                      Quote:

Originally Posted by Evol

What their Saying is Floyd needs help to get those numbers. If its not true then why does Floyd always fight during a Mexican celebration day and with a Mexican oppenent? Floyd needs to do this in order to get huge numbers. If Floyd was truely the draw and ppv king he wouldn't need to do that. If he was the king he would fight in feb in a different state and still break records then that's when I'll admit he's the ppv king.

If that's the case why hasn't Canelo headlined one a PPV or how about Victor Ortiz. It's called smart business to fight on those weekends.
                      in what year did Floyd start doing ppvs? 98? 2000? 03?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X