Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do some posters HATE certain fighters so much?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally don't hate any fighters, however, I have a dislike of David Haye because he's a classless chump (or at least, that's how he conducts and promotes himself, without truly delivering as a fighter).
    But if people truly hate other people they don't know in person, the problem probably has more to do with themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      The very nature of people who spend a lot of time online leans toward an unfullfilling life so there tends to be a lot of really unhappy, aggressive people that enjoy the bickering because it sublimates the exercise and interaction they are lacking.

I come on here because I do a lot of work online and take frequent breaks. Many of these regular posters are freaks as far as I'm concerned. Trying to push their boxing agendas and hate with constant posts and ridiculous anger. Sad, if not altogether scary.

I can't think of a fighter I hate though I occasionally want to see someone lose if they've done some **** talking prior to a fight or have done something inappropriate.
      I agree with this post

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Can't wait to see No Power's skinny legs wobble around the ring when Canelo is destroying him. This fight needs to happen. I will laugh and bump so many threads/posts.

i like both guys. i think it will be a good fight.

Comment

It would be nice if we could be critical of fighters in a constructive manner. However, certain fan bases (one is particularly bad) happen to be so pants on head ******ed that any critical discussion of certain fighters will just turn into a tard circle jerk.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            The very nature of people who spend a lot of time online leans toward an unfullfilling life so there tends to be a lot of really unhappy, aggressive people that enjoy the bickering because it sublimates the exercise and interaction they are lacking.

I come on here because I do a lot of work online and take frequent breaks. Many of these regular posters are freaks as far as I'm concerned. Trying to push their boxing agendas and hate with constant posts and ridiculous anger. Sad, if not altogether scary.

I can't think of a fighter I hate though I occasionally want to see someone lose if they've done some **** talking prior to a fight or have done something inappropriate.

i'd be interested to see your list of posters you deem "scary."

there are some fruitloops here.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
              It would be nice if we could be critical of fighters in a constructive manner. However, certain fan bases (one is particularly bad) happen to be so pants on head ******ed that any critical discussion of certain fighters will just turn into a tard circle jerk.
              which one, dog?

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                I hate Floyd/Broner fans more than I hate the fighters themselves. I still consider myself a fan of Floyd.... but I can't openly support him on this board. Not with al the little agendas and lameness displayed by his fanbase.
                The worst case is obviously Bushbaby and his hate for Canelo.... it has consumed him
                funny to hear from someone who is so bias when it comes to mexican fighters

Comment

Why do you hate Deontay Wilder and Danny Garcia so much? Why do people call you a Biased Brit?

Answer that and you'll have an answer to your question.

Comment

Posters fall into a few categories. Find the haters...

1) intelligent and unbiased fans who may support particular styles but who are able to analyze a fight or fighter without bias.

2) the fans who are nationalistic and will jab at some rival countries but are just in it for fun and are obviously real fans underneath it all.

3) fans who only support a fighter because of race, religion, or nationality. These fans tend to trash fighters who don't fit their bias. These fans suck ass and contribute nothing to the boards.

4) racist *******s. Again, they contribute nothing.

5) fans who only follow the sport for one fighter. They hate anyone who is perceived as any kind of threat to their fighter, even if they just take praise away. These fans typically leave the sport once their fighter is done because they aren't actual fans of boxing. These are by definition newbs.

6) pure fans of the sport in any form they can get it. God bless you.

Comment

This is what a Pinoy explained why he disliked Nonito Donaire:

Pac's daddy went to another woman when Pac was young. hence, Pac was forced to earn a living for himself by selling donuts and cigarretes in the streets. His daddy even ate manny's dog before he left.

But when Manny became famous, His daddy came back and asked for forgiveness. What did Manny do? he embraced him, clothed him, and built him a house of his own. What a true christian does.

Compare Manny to the prodigal son that is Nonito. His father raised him well, gave him education, trained him to fight, and now that he's famous, Nonito dumped him and gave interviews about how his father played favorites with his brother glenn etc, etc.

Manny>>>>> Nonito

Comment

Working...
                      X